Division: Global Calgary
Work Status: Full-time
About the Role
The Corus Entertainment/Global News team is seeking a full-time News Camera, reporting to the News Camera Supervisor. You will be responsible for shooting taped and live coverage of local news, sports and community events for all platforms. You will be required to work a variety of shifts, including early mornings, days, evenings, overnights and regular weekends.
- Expertly operate an ENG camera
- Shoot, light and transmit recorded video and live hits via a variety of technologies including satellite, Dejero, FTP, cell phone
- Shoot and upload photos and video for Globalnews.ca and various social media channels
- Ingest video to network servers for use across all Global stations
- Be a strong advocate and mentor for digital content and an audience-first workflow
- Work with reporters, digital journalists, producers and other editorial team members to create best-in-class story executions
- Participate in story meetings to identify and execute visual story-telling opportunities
- Help support the Global News community profile when participating in news gathering events
What We Need From You:
- Minimum of three years of experience with ENG Camera, field lighting and working in a newsroom environment
- Broadcast-related degree or diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Good news sense and up-to-date on current events and sports
- Clean driving record; abstract will be required
- Strong computer and social-media skills
- Top-notch communicator and organizer; willing team member who can lead when required
- Decisive even under pressure; able to prioritize and meet multiple daily deadlines.
- Willing and able to adapt to rapidly changing technology and workflows
- Acquainted with Global News online and on-air. Familiarity with Alberta and Calgary would be considered an asset.
Preference will be given to a candidate with experience in non-linear editing using Edius/Grass Valley. If you have a proven record as a positive team member who takes initiative, pitches in and juggles complex demands, we want to hear from you. This is a bargaining unit position in Group D.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit their resume and letter of interest by applying to email@example.com by April 4, 2019.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.