Network Operations Manager
Are you an experienced Network Operations Manager who:
• Has a keen understanding of putting the customer first
• Lives by company values while coaching and mentoring a team of skilled specialists
• Is highly skilled in vendor management and capital purchases negotiations while driving down operational costs
• Continuously seeks ways to improve systems/process and workflow
About This Opportunity
The Network Operations Manager is responsible to plan, organize, direct and manage the Voice Operations, Network Operations and Systems Operations teams. These teams run services and devices from the core network, systems, and software to devices used by customers.
This is a full-time salaried, hybrid-work opportunity based out of the Woodstock, ON office. The core business hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. As this is a key position for product service delivery, the successful candidate will be flexible in working hours based on the operational needs of the business.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Managing technical operations to maintain the integrity, quality and consistency of all services in alignment with the Vision, Mission, Values and Unique Value Proposition of the business
• Hire, train and retain the Network Operations team; leading and developing employees, planning, monitoring, and evaluating results
• Provide technical support and direction regarding new and existing technologies, operational standards, policies and procedures in addition to staff development
• Continuous development of a balanced set of metrics used to monitor the operational performance of the Systems and Network, including preparation of monthly progress reports for senior management
• Preparation of operating budgets to identify requirements for capital equipment, leased services, personnel, maintenance, training and development, and employee expenses; create and approve purchase orders
• Ensure quality control processes are in place and routinely verified.
• Ensures customer satisfaction and responsiveness. Works closely with other departments to ensure the fastest possible response to requests. Working to satisfactorily resolve escalated issues.
• Creation and maintenance of vendor relationships to positively impact the success of Execulink
• Lead development and implementation of standard operating procedures
• Development of strategic direction for software and hardware used to provide future services to customers
• Life-cycle management of software and hardware
• Other duties may be assigned
Are You the Right Person? What We Want:
• 3-5 years demonstrated success managing and leading network operations
• Diploma or science degree or related professional qualification
• Networking skills and understanding of network structure, design and troubleshooting
• Familiarity with different operating systems. (UNIX, LINUX, Windows)
• Video, audio, analog, digital, addressable and data knowledge experience in all aspects of planning and implementing network operations; ability to make sound decisions and implement them
• Proven experience in change management; adaptable and able to persuade others to accept new ideas
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; demonstrated time management skills
• Motivate and empower others in order to reach organizational goals
• Planning and engineering skills
• Project management skills
• Ability to interpret and analyze error reports and data
• Good mechanical and analytical ability
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio or AutoCAD
• Valid Class G Driver’s Licence and access to reliable transportation
• Proof of COVID–19 vaccinations as approved for use by Health Canada is required prior to the first day of employment
How to Apply
In your cover letter tell us why you think you would excel as a member of our team!
Submit your cover letter and resume in confidence to email@example.com
At Execulink Telecom, the largest locally owned independent telecom company in Southwestern Ontario, our only goal is to enhance your lifestyle at home, work, and play. As we grow rapidly, we have an unwavering commitment to continue to build a positive team with a friendly, family-spirited approach. The selection of exceptional talent is important to us!
When you join Execulink, you’re joining a team that’s focused on not only providing an AWESOME experience to our customers but to our employees as well. We live and breathe our Vision, Mission, and Values and are searching for individuals who are excited to contribute and do the same.
Execulink Telecom is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.