WESTMAN COMMUNICATIONS GROUP (Westman) is seeking applications from energetic, highly motivated individuals to become part of our growing team!
Westman is an industry-leading communications provider based in Brandon MB, offering residential and commercial High-Speed Internet, Digital TV, and Phone services in communities across Manitoba. Westman also owns and operates radio stations Q Country 91.5 FM and 94.7 STAR FM, which broadcast throughout southwestern Manitoba. Established in 1977, as a locally owned and operated cooperative, Westman is dedicated to delivering competitive and innovative services, providing an exceptional member experience, and supporting the communities they serve. Westman empowers their employees to be innovative, team-oriented, community-based, and customer-focused, championing a culture centered around strong values.
Based in Brandon and reporting to the Team Lead, Network Operations Centre (NOC), the NOC Analyst will be responsible for efficient monitoring and quick resolution for the network issues. The successful candidate is expected to monitor the health of the network and resolve any active or potential network issues efficiently.
What you’ll do:
• Work closely with Senior NOC Analyst to own the network monitoring tools and ensure that they are kept up to date with the overall network configuration.
• Monitor the overall network and ensure that all issues, alarms, performance alerts, and capacity concerns are well tracked via internal tickets.
• Perform level 1 troubleshooting/problem analysis to help find the root cause.
• Create network degradations and outage notifications as needed.
• Assist with internal ticket escalation as per defined Service Level Objectives.
• Make recommendations for NMS and network monitoring related improvements.
• Interface with vendors, carriers, and service providers when dealing with network issues.
• Help ensure new services are structured to the centralized monitoring model.
• Perform change management activities (review/approve changes, conduct CAB meetings etc.) as assigned by the leadership.
• Provide supervision and technical trainings to junior team members.
• Coordinate with third party service providers and carriers when needed.
What you’ll bring to the team:
• Minimum 1 – 3 years of related experience in the ISP/MSO or Telecom environment.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or a closely related field.
• Certifications in at least one of the following certifications: Cisco CCNA/Juniper JNCIA-Junos, A+/Network + certificate, SCTE DOCSIS Engineering Professional, or any FTTH certification/training.
• Strong commitment towards an excellent customer experience with a desire to resolve problems to the customer’s satisfaction while maintaining focus on productivity, efficiency, and quality.
• Proven analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills.
• Must be available for on-call and emergency services as required.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: NOON on Monday, February 07, 2022, or until the position is filled.
Westman is a successful, fast-paced and dynamic organization, with a positive, team-oriented work environment. We offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive and unique benefits package. Leverage your knowledge with a local technology leader.
Apply today to join our team and start your exciting career journey with us!
As an equal-opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. While we thank each applicant for their interest, only selected candidates will be contacted.