WESTMAN COMMUNICATIONS GROUP is seeking applications from energetic, highly motivated individuals to become part of our team. Westman is a successful, fast-paced and dynamic organization, with a positive, team-oriented work environment. We offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive and unique benefits package. Leverage your knowledge with a local technology leader.
What you’ll do:
• Provide Tier 2 technical support to external Westman Communications Group (WCG) customers (business/enterprise customers mainly) to ensure proper operation and availability of all services and to improve customer satisfaction
• Monitor the performance of all WCG services and systems, Change Management for all planned and unplanned events, escalations, dispatch functions, VOD management and residential and business telephone provisioning
• Analyze alarm conditions as presented in monitoring systems and investigate the root cause of issues, document said issues and dispatch appropriate personnel to respond to the conditions as required
• Coordinate planned outages and invoke change committee when impact rating hits a major or critical level
• Escalate planned/unplanned outages that fall outside of any OLA or SLA using the WCG hierarchic manner to speed up problem remediation
• Document trouble resolution through the use of change management and ticketing systems ensuring updates/closure to all tickets as the change/problem progresses
• Effectively communicate status to business customers and internal staff when needed
• Manage programming substitution schedule and ensure subs are running properly.
• Maintain outage notifications on WCG Whiteboard Website.
• Monitor NOC email inboxes and telephone extensions ensuring quick turnaround on questions/issues
What you’ll bring to the team:
• 1 – 3 years of related experience in the cable or telecommunications industry
• Computer Systems Technology diploma, Electronic Technology diploma or equivalent experience
• A+ certificate and Network + certificate desirable or equivalent experience
• Experience with productivity tools (Word, Excel, Visio) and databases
• ITIL ITSM
• Linux/Windows Administration
• Fundamental understanding of cable plant, network and headend topologies
• Customer oriented, with a desire to resolve problems to the customer’s satisfaction while maintaining focus on productivity, efficiency and quality
• Strong analytical, technical and mechanical abilities; good technical hardware and software skills
• Motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic capable of working independently, without supervision
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (verbal and written)
• Be available to work time averaging and/or shift work, “on-call”, and be available for emergency services as required
• Must have a valid driver’s license and be bondable
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: NOON on Wednesday, October 06, 2021.
Apply today to join our team and start your exciting career journey with us!
As an equal-opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. While we thank each applicant for their interest, only selected candidates will be contacted.