WESTMAN COMMUNICATIONS GROUP is seeking applications from energetic, highly motivated individuals to become part of our team. Westman is a successful, fast-paced and dynamic organization, with a positive, team-oriented work environment. We offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive and unique benefits package. Leverage your knowledge with a local technology leader.
Based in Brandon and reporting to the Manager, Network Services, this position will be responsible for designing, dimensioning, building, and testing the core IP/MPLS network infrastructure used for service delivery to our residential and business customers. The incumbent in this position will be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) with a thorough understanding of the latest industry trends and best practices related to the core network components.
What you’ll do:
• Planning, designing and implementation for Core IP/MPLS Network.
• Capacity monitoring and network expansion planning to support network growth.
• Supporting Business Development and Marketing/Sales groups to offer competitive products.
• Implementing core network projects that will include new builds, migrations, optimization etc.
• Working closely with upstream peering partners for expansions, changes etc.
• Document network architecture, as-builts, connectivity diagrams, maintenance records etc.
• Make recommendations for service/product improvement.
• Interface with vendors and carriers to improve product offerings and platform enhancements.
• Ensure new services are structured to the centralized operational model.
• Implement network changes in accordance with departmental change policy.
• Provide supervision and technical trainings to junior team members.
• Have a commitment towards an excellent customer experience.
What you’ll bring to the team:
• 5 years experience in an ISP or MSO environment with excellent knowledge and experience in IP networking, IP routing, and switching.
• Bachelor’s degree with a major in computer science, information systems or a closely related field.
• Minimum of one of the following certifications: Cisco CCNP Service Provider, Juniper JNCIP-SP, SCTE DOCSIS Engineering Professional, and/or MEF-CECP/MEF-SDCP.
• Thorough understanding of advanced routing and switching protocols (BGP, OSPF, MPLS, etc.), Distributed Access Architecture (DAA) with remote PHY implementation, Fiber-to-the-home (FTTH), and Core IP Networks.
• Excellent understanding of technical fundamentals of internet and IP protocols, last mile access and transport technologies, and scripting language for task automation.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: NOON on Wednesday, September 29, 2021, or until the position is filled.
Apply today to join our team at https://westmancom.com/careers and start your exciting career journey with us!
As an equal-opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. While we thank each applicant for their interest, only selected candidates will be contacted.