58 14th Avenue, Hanover Ontario
Reporting to the Network Operations Manager, the Network Analyst’s primary responsibility is to facilitate the continued operations of the core network infrastructure. This includes the prompt response to network problems, responsibility for tier 3 support escalations and interaction with vendor support. This position requires an analytical individual with the skill sets to effectively communicate with key stakeholders while exemplifying a strong customer focus.
The typical daily work environment for this position consists of primarily indoor work but can require some customer site visits and occasional outdoor activities. As a member of the Network Analyst team, you will also participate in a rotational on-call duty responding to emergencies.
Responsibilities & Duties :
• Respond to network problems, performing effective & efficient problem analysis, rapid troubleshooting techniques and prompt repair analysis to ensure service uptime objectives are met.
• Participate in discussions regarding network topology reviews and changes.
• Physically install, configure and turn up network related hardware as per corporate standards.
• Contribute to pro-active duties such as network capacity audits, networking monitoring of services as well as monthly, quarterly and yearly routines.
• Routine systems analysis to ensure capacity and service levels are achieved
• Participate in 24/7 on-call emergency response rotation
• Perform planned after-hours maintenance work
• Participate with other team members in new product introduction testing and preparation of internal support documentation. Perform acceptance testing on new hardware to ensure corporate specifications are met.
• Ensure documentation, including configuration backups, diagrams, contact lists etc. are kept up to date.
• Maintain, troubleshoot and administer the corporate local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), computer workstations and peripherals.
• Operate company vehicles as per corporate policy.
• Follow safe work practices and abide by all safety policies and regulations. Particularly defensive driving, use of personal protective equipment and the use of hand and power tools.
The above is a summary of the major elements of the position, and maybe altered by Management based on business needs and demands.
• Juniper JNCIA/JNCIS or higher certification in the Service Provider or Enterprise track is essential
• Cisco CCNA or higher certification is essential.
• Previous experience in Telecommunications and/or networking is essential.
• Knowledge of UNIX, VoIP, Video over IP and QOS technologies are essential.
• Understanding of xDSL technologies is essential.
• Experience with Adtran hardware is an asset.
• Technical Institute Degree, Diploma or Certificate in Electronics or Telecommunications is an asset.
• Knowledge and experience in Optical Fiber, Ethernet, TCP/IP and IP- Multicasting.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Visio.
• Working knowledge and experience with -48VDC telecommunication power plants.
• Experience with SNMP and network management systems is an asset.
• Understanding of cellular technologies is an asset.
• Experience with Metaswitch hardware and troubleshooting is an asset.
• Experience in VoIP troubleshooting is an asset.
• Knowledge of PERL and PHP programming language is an asset.
• Must have a valid “G” driver’s license, maintain a clean driving record, be insurable in the province of Ontario and be available to travel as required.
This position requires some physical demands such as carrying and mounting equipment, kneeling, bending, sitting for long periods of time and may include work in all types of weather conditions. Specialized training will be available and will include travel, with some being outside of Canada. Additional demands include driving, working with hand and power tools, working alone and following tight schedules. Additionally, overtime could be required to restore services at any time of the day/night and scheduling will include the individual to carry a 7×24 on call pager for a week’s duration at a time.
How to Apply:
In order to be considered for this opportunity, please forward your resume and accompanying cover letter to the attention of:
• HR Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Submission must be received by 4:00pm on Friday May 6, 2022
Wightman is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all that express interest in joining our team however only those candidates selected will be contacted regarding additional assessment stages.