WESTMAN COMMUNICATIONS GROUP is seeking applications from energetic, highly motivated individuals to become part of our team. Westman is a successful, fast-paced and dynamic organization, with a positive, team-oriented work environment. We offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive and unique benefits package. Leverage your knowledge with a local technology leader.
Based in Brandon, MB and reporting to the Manager, Network Services, this position is responsible for planning, designing, dimensioning, building, and testing the access and core network infrastructure used for service delivery to our residential and business customers. The incumbent in this position is expected to be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) with a thorough understanding of the latest industry trends and best practices related to the access and core network components.
What you’ll do:
• Network planning for Core IP and Optical Transport Network (OTN).
• Capacity monitoring and network expansion planning to support traffic growth.
• Supporting Business Development and Marketing/Sales groups to offer
• Implementing Core IP & OTN projects that will include new builds, migrations,
• Working closely with upstream peering partners for expansions, changes etc.
• Document network architecture, as-builts, connectivity diagrams, maintenance
• Make recommendations for service/product improvement.
• Interface with vendors and carriers to improve product offerings and platform
• Ensure new services are structured to the centralized operational model.
• Implement network changes in accordance with departmental change policy.
• Provide supervision and technical training to junior team members.
• A strong commitment to delivering an excellent customer experience.
What you’ll bring to the team:
• 5 years experience in an ISP or MSO environment with excellent knowledge and
experience in IP networking, DOCSIS, FTTH, and OTN.
• Bachelor’s degree with a major in computer science, information systems or a
closely related field.
• Minimum of one of the following certifications: Cisco CCNP Service Provider,
Juniper JNCIP-SP, SCTE DOCSIS Engineering Professional, and/or MEF-CECP/MEF-
• Thorough understanding of advanced routing and switching protocols,
Distributed Access Architecture (DAA) with remote PHY implementation, Fiber-to-
the-home (FTTH), and Optical Transport Network (OTN).
• Excellent understanding of technical fundamentals of internet and IP protocols,
last mile access and transport technologies, and scripting language for task
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: NOON on Monday, June 21, 2021.
Apply today to join our team and start your exciting career journey with us!
As an equal-opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. While we thank each applicant for their interest, only selected candidates will be contacted.