WESTMAN COMMUNICATIONS GROUP (Westman) is seeking applications from energetic, highly motivated individuals to become part of our growing team!
Westman is an industry-leading communications provider based in Brandon MB, offering residential and commercial High-Speed Internet, Digital TV, and Phone services in communities across southwestern and central Manitoba. Westman also owns and operates radio stations Q Country 91.5 FM and 94.7 STAR FM, which broadcast throughout southwestern Manitoba. Established in 1977, as a locally owned and operated cooperative, Westman is dedicated to delivering competitive and innovative services, providing an exceptional member experience, and supporting the communities they serve. Westman empowers their employees to be innovative, team-oriented, community-based, and customer-focused, championing a culture centered around strong values.
Based in Brandon and reporting to the Team Lead – Network Services, the Network Analyst – Access Network will be responsible for designing, dimensioning, building, and testing the access network infrastructure (DOCSIS and FTTX) used for service delivery to our residential and business customers. The incumbent in this position is expected to be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) with a thorough understanding of the latest industry trends and best practices related to the wired access network technology.
What you’ll do:
• Short term (6-12 months) network planning for the access network.
• Capacity monitoring and network expansion planning to support traffic growth.
• Supporting Business Development and Marketing/Sales groups to offer competitive products.
• Implementing access network projects that will include FTTX expansion into new communities, RPHY/MACPHY rollout, node splits, mid-split deployments, other migrations/optimization etc.
• Document network architecture, as-builts, connectivity diagrams, maintenance records etc.
• Make recommendations for service/product improvement.
• Interface with vendors and carriers to improve product offerings and platform enhancements.
• Ensure new services are structured to the centralized operational model.
• Implement network changes in accordance with departmental change policy.
• Provide supervision and technical trainings to junior team members.
• Have a commitment towards an excellent customer experience.
What you’ll bring to the team:
• 5 years’ experience in an ISP or MSO environment with excellent knowledge and experience in designing, implementing, and maintaining DOCSIS and FTTX infrastructure
• Bachelor’s degree with a major in computer science, information systems or a closely related field.
• Minimum of one of the following certifications: Cisco CCNA or CCNP Service Provider, Juniper JNCIP-SP or JNCIS-SP, SCTE DOCSIS Engineering Professional, Any FTTX certifications or training, and/or MEF-CECP/MEF-SDCP.
• Thorough understanding of advanced routing and switching protocols (BGP, OSPF, MPLS, etc.), and HFC/DOCSIS network infrastructure including the latest architecture and technologies such as DAA, DOCSIS 4.0 standard, FDD, RPHY, MACPHY, etc.
• Excellent understanding of CMTS and CCAP core including virtualized CMTS/CCAP as well as troubleshooting and capacity planning for wired access networks.
Deadline for applications: Open until the position is filled.
Westman is a successful, fast-paced and dynamic organization, with a positive, team-oriented work environment. We offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive and unique benefits package. Leverage your knowledge with a local technology leader.
Apply today to join our team and begin your exciting career journey with us!
As an equal-opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. While we thank each applicant for their interest, only selected candidates will be contacted.