Reporting to the CFO and VP Corporate Services, with a dotted line accountability to Bell’s procurement department, the Manager, Procurement Services is responsible for all aspects of sourcing & procurement in alignment with Northwestel & BCE procurement practices and guidelines. Procurement’s mission is to create value through its strategic role of providing best-in-class sourcing solutions primarily for the acquisition of services including travel while helping to improve Northwestel’s EBITDA through cost reductions. Procurement’s primary focus is to significantly reduce the cost of doing business for Northwestel in alignment with corporate priorities. The portfolio includes sourcing and commercial arrangements with all service providers as necessary for Northwestel. This portfolio is high profile and considered key in meeting the overall business objectives.
This is achieved through:
The negotiation of agreements and other legal documents on behalf of Northwestel and its supplier community, setting the terms and conditions for the provision of services including travel while optimizing opportunities for improvements in EBITDA through reduced costs.
Overall management of key sourcing and outsourcing arrangements to maximize value aligning with strategic evolution of supply chain and EBITDA objectives.
- Manage a portfolio of commercial contracts and vendor relationships for Services.
- Lead business initiatives that maximize supplier relationships by obtaining the best value for Northwestel while minimizing risk.
- Highly effective contributor to Northwestel’s strategic initiative to lower the overall cost of operations.
- Conducts detailed assessments of clients’ needs, including re-examination of baseline assumptions or predetermined solutions with the intent to raise the level of awareness of the value add from Procurement within the company.
- Support and/or lead strategic sourcing initiatives utilizing Northwestel systems in the distribution and management of RFI, RFQ and RFP documents.
- Drive total cost of ownership reduction through joint process improvements with suppliers and re-negotiate contracts directly in those situations not addressed by ‘strategic initiatives’.
- Manage, perform quality control, and generate reports on spend data and other key indicators as required.
- Recommend, develop, coordinate and implement best practice processes and procedures to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of the work performed by Procurement.
KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- University degree in business administration and/or diploma in supply chain management, with a minimum of five (5) years procurement experience; alternate combinations of education and experience will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Superior communication skills, written and verbal with proven ability to interact with senior levels of the organization.
- Proven negotiation skills, effective communicator, comfortable working in a matrix environment.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, statistics knowledge and experience required.
- Ability to collaborate and persuade others by working with various department sponsors, governance stakeholders, and other Procurement colleagues.
- Excellent prioritization skills.
- Results orientation; resilient in the face of complexity.
- Demonstrated and tenacious problem solver.
- PC proficient (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Experience in a Telecommunications environment will be considered an asset.
- PMAC / SCMAO Accreditation or current enrolment in PMAC program is a strong asset.
- Understanding of the use of sourcing and analysis tools (ARIBA, Ivalua, SAP,etc.) or similar systems will be considered an asset.
As part of the recruitment process for this position, candidates may be required to take pre-employment tests and/or complete work simulation exercise to assess job fit.
As a safety conscious COR™ Certified organization, we have an established and comprehensive safety program. We expect all employees to participate in our organizational health and safety programs, adhering to all safe work procedures focused on continuous improvement.
Northwestel values diversity in the workplace and is committed to the goals of Employment Equity. We strive to achieve a skilled workforce that is representative of the population we serve, and as a Northern company, we are committed to the employment and career development of our Indigenous peoples. Candidates must clearly indicate on their application if they are an Indigenous person, a woman, a person with a disability, or a visible minority if they wish to receive hiring preference.
Apply here: https://www.nwtel.ca/about-us/work-us