Since its launch in May, 2005, Cartt.ca has become the industry’s leading news source geared specifically for those working in cable, radio, television and telecom – it’s where the media pros go to stay informed (and a perennial favorite with mediaINTELLIGENCE!) Cartt.ca publishes breaking news, in-depth feature stories, analysis and opinion -- breaking news is posted as it happens and twice-weekly e-mail newsletters compile everything and deliver them directly to subscribers.
With the new CRTC regulations coming in March, Cartt once again seeks to get ahead of the industry by building a new service aimed at helping the Canadian TV industry retain customers in an all-choice world! And we’ll need a broadcast-savvy manager on
- 5-month contract, with opportunity for continuance –- 30-40 hours weekly
- Ability to do web-based work from your home-based office efficiently, and comfortable working on projects in the cloud
- Advanced Canadian TV industry knowledge: the companies, the players, and the reasons why things are the way they are. Someone who understands simultaneous substitution, and maybe even knows what 9(1)(h) means...
- Web proficient: when you’re looking for information, you know more than to just plug words into Google
- Great people skills, working on the phone with all kinds of senior stakeholders from TV distribution and broadcasting companies
- Ability to investigate and problem-solve
- French language capacity is not required, but would be a tremendous asset!
Compensation Package: This is a full-time contract position for five months, with opportunity for continuance.
Reply in confidence: Are you qualified and available? Cartt.ca’s looking to start right away! If you’re up for a great research gig that puts you in touch with industry movers and shakers, we want to hear from you! Please forward a covering email & resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Manager, Broadcast Research” in the subject header. We thank all candidates for their submissions. Only those under consideration will be contacted.
Phone calls are welcome @ 416.533.6788