Date: Jan 19, 2021
Location: Toronto, ON, CA, M4Y 2Y5
Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team – and that’s exactly what we’re building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch 30 million of Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We’re also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion – find out more at www.allinforequity.ca.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
We’re looking for a star candidate to join the Media Technology team in the role of Media Architect. In this role you will be part of an all-star team of multi-disciplinary subject matter experts that will plan, design and oversee execution of technology initiatives to deliver on Rogers Sports & Media’s objectives. You will act as beacons of change and as thought leaders across the organization, accelerating our business through this transformational period and beyond.
What you will do…
• Design and uphold the foundational elements of our infrastructure – in the areas of security, identity access management, compute and storage – across both private and public cloud environments.
• Plan, design, and oversee the on-time, and on-budget implementation of strategic initiatives, ensuring there is consistency in execution as it relates to our Reference Architecture and Technology Roadmap.
• Provide expert input towards the evolution of the Reference Architecture and Technology Roadmap.
• Compile project scoping and budgeting in order to secure necessary funding of business initiatives.
• Actively participate in industry organizations and bring that knowledge to bear within Rogers Sports & Media.
• Participate in vendor RFIs/RFPs, including lab and proof of concept evaluations of new equipment, technologies, and vendors.
• Strive every day to cultivate a positive and collaborative culture that enhances the wellness of our team.
• Stay hungry for new knowledge and give back to peers and collogues by sharing freely and openly in the areas in which you have subject matter expertise.
What you will bring…
• Experience in deploying virtualized machines, within both private and public cloud environments.
• Experience in building and supporting scalable enterprise SAN/NAS storage systems for a broad range of applications.
• Expert technical knowledge of IP, DNS, DHCP, ActiveDirectory, network routing & switching, and database administration.
• A digital-first and analytical mindset.
• Possess the ability to interact across various cross-functional teams within the organization.
• Effective at challenging assumptions and leading change.
• A care for people and the world around them.
• A forward thinker with knowledge of industry standards and emerging technologies.
• Calm, confident and keen to work in a fast-paced environment.
Here’s what you can expect in return:
• A competitive salary and benefits that include access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, Retirement Benefits and a variety of other perks including 50% off Rogers services and Blue Jays tickets
• A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
• A team that trusts and wants to win together
• Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the “what” and the “how”
• Flexibility to work from home even after the pandemic ends
• Your choice of hardware and software (iPhone or Android/Mac or PC etc.)
• As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Schedule: Full time
Shift: No Selection
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Database Development
Requisition ID: 213736