Are you passionate about Canadian multiculturalism? Do you embrace the Latino lifestyle and culture of food, music and travel? Does working in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment make you want to come to work everyday? Do you believe in the power of communication to engage communities, build reputation and make a difference? If this sounds like you, and you also have experience working in publicity or communications in the Canadian broadcasting industry, then we want to hear from you!
Master Control Operator
Division: Telelatino Network Inc.
Work Status: Part-Time, Weekends, One Year Contract
Location: Toronto, ON
About the Role:
TLN Media Group is Canada’s most influential multicultural media company, connecting cultures on television, online and in communities through storytelling and shared experiences. The company operates 11 television channels reaching millions of homes from a state-of-the-art digital production and distribution facility in Toronto, Canada. In addition to TLN, its flagship English-language channel, the company also offers the country’s most widely distributed foreign language television channels lead by Univision Canada and Mediaset Italia. The network’s additional Italian language channels include; TeleBimbi and TGCOM24. The family of Spanish language channels includes TeleNiños and a group of four leading foreign services; Cinelatino, Wapa TV, Television Dominicana, and CentroAmerica TV. TLN Media Group also operates English language specialty channel EuroWorld Sport. A leader in supporting and developing Canadian multiculturalism, TLN Media Group produces hundreds of hours of unique and culturally significant programming and hosts the country’s largest Latino themed festival, TD Salsa in Toronto featuring TD Salsa on St. Clair.
As a Master Control Operator, you will:
- Monitor 9 channels program content (TLN, TLN West, Univision Canada, Sky News, Mediaset Italia, EuroWorld Sport, TeleNiños, TeleBimbi, and Cinelatino)
- Monitor and control audio and video levels
- Monitor automation broadcast and all commercial content
- Follow a playlist, traffic log and program cue sheets
- Prepare daily logs for all networks
- Perform Live to air switching of Live Serie A soccer and special events (as needed)
- Ingest programs into Omneon Server & prepare programs for air through Harris system
- Perform On Air transmission quality control through output levels, detailed fault report and checks
- Tune and record receiving satellite feeds for on-air playback
- Monitor and control satellite feed during recording, receiving and transmitting satellite feeds
- Load graphics for on air
- Perform basic Master Control maintenance
- Perform other duties as requested
What you need to succeed:
- Graduate from a recognized television program; or 1 year experience in master control operations
- Working knowledge of satellite delivery, automation and servers is required
- Willing to work weekend shifts
- Knowledge of the Spanish/Italian language is an asset
- Basic knowledge of vector scopes, dubbing equipment, conversion standards
- Ability to make quick decisions to resolve on air issues immediately
- Ability to work under the pressures of tight deadlines and multitask
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, with an ability to work with minimal supervision
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Solution oriented with problem solving ability
- Strong initiative and self-motivated
- An enthusiastic, friendly attitude contributing to a friendly respectful workplace
How to Apply
Telelatino Network is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com no later than Friday October 26th, 2018. Please include ‘Master Control Operator’ in the subject line of your email.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted