Shaw is a family-oriented, Canadian owned business with over 14,000 employees across the country, providing services to more than 3 million customers with top quality cable TV, Internet, digital phone, direct-to-home satellite services, and programming including Global Television and 19 of the country's most popular specialty channels.
At Shaw we believe a diverse workforce fosters diversity of thought and perspective, and more diversity means more solutions. We invite all qualified individuals to apply.
Career Opportunity: Marketing Writer/Producer
Global BC, part of Shaw Media, is currently seeking a full time News Marketing Writer/Producer to join their Marketing team. This position will be primarily responsible for the production of News creative and will report to the Manager, Marketing.
Global BC provides clients with a full-service production facility for the creation of television commercials, contesting and promotion spots and long format programming. The successful candidate will work in an extremely competitive market and join an award-winning team in Vancouver’s most complete in-house broadcast media production centre.
The successful candidate will:
• Meet with the News client daily to clearly formulate promotional direction for News creative
• Develop, write, produce, and direct the production of various news creative (proof of performance, topicals, dailies, image campaigns) appealing to viewers and driving viewership and engagement for both short and long form broadcast material (broadcast, online and social)
• Have the ability to formulate, develop, implement, and complete projects with tight deadlines
• Balance creative concepts with resource and time restrictions
• Have exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills with strong attention to detail
• Have a proven knowledge base of the production process including but not limited to well-honed creative writing skills, pre-production planning, familiarity with HD formats, directing EFP & studio production shoots, oversight & direction of Adobe Premiere Pro editing, animation, motion graphics, directing voice-over talent, sound design etc.
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
• The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of proven success in television production and a post-secondary education in television broadcasting or equivalent.
• He/she will be a professional team player with excellent communication and presentation skills both written and verbal.
• He/she will have the ability to develop solid relationships with peers across the organization.
If you value a workplace that promotes accountability, exemplifies loyalty, never compromises integrity and has a strong social conscience then start your career with us by applying now.
All interested applicants are invited to apply at online at www.shaw.ca/careers Marketing Writer/Producer J0915-2426
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Shaw Media, through its third party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Media. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.