Do extraordinary things: Choose the North!
What does it mean to work for the premier communication solutions provider in the North? It’s working in Canada’s pristine and unique North with the best and brightest. At Northwestel, our employees work every day to deliver innovative solutions for more than 120,000 customers living in an area almost the size of the European Union or four million square kilometres. It’s doing extraordinary things and getting rewarded. It’s the thrill of working hard, the joy of working together and access to the extraordinary adventures that lie in the North.
Applications are now being accepted for a full-time position of Marketing Manager located in Whitehorse, YT.
The Marketing Team develops strategy and manages the implementation of marketing campaigns to deliver against subscriber targets for Home Phone, Internet, Television, and business portfolios. The Marketing Manager will report to the Associate Director Residential Marketing, and will work cross-functionally with partners throughout the organization including: Product Management, Marketing Communications, Sales/Support Channels, Customer Intelligence as well as Legal and Field teams. The Marketing Manager will be passionate about learning, delivering against results and will possess strong interpersonal, analytical, strategic thinking and tactical skills.
The Marketing Manager will lead the development, implementation and analysis of end-of-end marketing campaigns that target prospective customers or current customers for Northwestel products and services. Includes campaigns across all channels and tactics including direct mail, outbound telemarketing, online marketing, retail, door to door, plus various grassroots activities leveraging the entire product/services portfolio.
- Campaign Ideation: Interpret marketing and customer data to identify opportunities to grow Northwestel product market share
- Actively contribute to the overall marketing planning cycle
- Create compelling and strategic marketing presentations to drive buy-in and alignment across key campaign stakeholders
- Campaign Execution: work cross-functionally with Offer and Pricing, Customer Intelligence, Channels and Marketing Communications teams to bring campaigns to market
- Campaign Analysis: weekly, ad hoc and post mortem campaign results analysis
- In-Market Analysis: site visits(or equivalent) to the various channels to monitor program implementation
This position requires a bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Commerce, combined with a minimum of three to five years of hands-on-marketing experience, with a focus on strategic planning, campaign development and local execution.
Key success factors for this position include demonstrated experience in the areas of;
- Customer targeting/use of CRM platform,
- Collaboration with multiple stakeholders, and working with a regional and local client base to activate marketing plans across a variety of communication tactics.
- Ability to work through others to achieve objectives, regardless of reporting relationships.
- Advanced MS Office skills, particularly MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
- Ability to adapt problem solving skills to overcome obstacles
- Deep analytical expertise and business case acumen
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to a senior audience
- Ability to lead projects and take ownership of issues
- Highly organized and detail oriented, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Keen interest in communications technology (including Internet and Video), and the flexibility to respond to rapid changes in the market.
Monday, February 15, 2016 before 5:00 pm PDT.
How to apply:
Please visit Northwestel’s Job board and create a Candidate Profile. https://rt11.ultipro.ca/NOR5000/JobBoard/ListJobs.aspx?__vt=ExtCan
Select the position you would like to apply on and then choose “apply on line”. Or fax your cover letter and resume to 867-668-3236, before the closing date.
Northwestel values diversity in the workplace and is committed to the goals of Employment Equity. We strive to achieve a skilled workforce that is representative of the population we serve, and as a Northern company, we are committed to the employment and career development of our Aboriginal peoples. Candidates must clearly indicate on their application if they are an Aboriginal person, a woman, a person with a disability, or a visible minority if they wish to receive hiring preference.