Corporate Office in Clifford, Ontario
The Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and executing strategic marketing plans for the organization. This individual is accountable for creating and supporting marketing strategies that advance Wightman’s products, services and brand through marketing, advertising and various internal and external engagement strategies.
Reporting to the Vice President, Customer Acquisition the role provides direct leadership to the Marketing and Wightman Community TV Production functions.
• Customer Focus
• Team Work
• Time Management
• Adaptability/ Flexibility
• Creative and Innovative Thinking
• Decision Making and Judgement
• Planning and Organizing
• Problem Solving
• Result Focus
• Accountability and Dependability
• Ethics and Integrity
• Mediating and Negotiating
• Coaching and Mentoring
• Enforcing Policies, Rules and Regulations
• Development and Continual Learning
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
• Lead the planning, creation and scheduling of upcoming marketing campaigns and initiatives
• Initiate research, development, and create new content for marketing initiatives, through various mediums, that communicate the company’s vision, value, products and services to customers
• Lead in the development and implementation of the annual marketing plan within an allocated budget, while tracking, evaluating and reporting key performance indicators to adjust marketing strategies accordingly to ensure continued subscriber growth
• Conduct market research on competitive products and services by identifying and evaluating characteristics such as market share, pricing and profitability margins
• Ensure all products, services, and other offerings conform to brand identity; conduct ongoing brand management. Develop and promote branding initiatives consistent with corporate business goals and objectives
• Oversee the maintenance of Wightman’s website, update content using content management system as required. Implement and execute social media campaigns and ongoing management of social media and digital advertising channels including; Facebook, Twitter, Google My Business and Analytics, MailChimp.
• Attend, design and support customer communication and logistics for relevant events, trade shows, and client meetings to build relationships and promote the organization’s product, services and initiatives.
• Prepare, schedule, coordinate and oversee the production and delivery of all marketing materials for internal and external use. Assist with sourcing and managing suppliers for the preparation and/or production of marketing material.
• Collaborate with both inside and outside sales representatives to identify customer needs.
• Prepare and deliver reports on the status of all marketing programs and initiatives to senior management.
• Disseminate awareness of new marketing initiatives to all staff.
• Attract, retain, develop and motivate staff leveraging Wightman’s Vison, Mission and Values
• Travel as required including attendance at events, customers and other Wightman locations
• Duties as noted above are intended as representation of the role, other duties may be required
The ideal candidate is energetic, intelligent and enthusiastic; a business professional of high integrity that can accommodate and accelerate change within a growth oriented environment. He or she must be capable of being a team leader who is proficient in delivering effective and timely results.
• University or College degree or diploma in Marketing, Communication, Business Administration, Advertising, or a related field of study, together with a minimum of 5 years of direct work experience in a marketing management capacity
• Ability to clearly and concisely communicate; both verbally and in writing
• Proven track record in creating and executing successful e-mail marketing, Internet marketing, and direct marketing programs. Knowledge of marketing mix and available media tools in the market
• Excellent understanding and familiarity with brand building and brand management
• Understanding of design principles that promote effective marketing
• A background in SEO and web analytics. Hands-on experience with search engine optimization, pay-per-click advertising, and other Web-focused initiatives
• Demonstrated proficiency in Internet marketing techniques, technologies, and solutions. Direct experience with graphic design, Web page, and other marketing-related software tools
• Strong knowledge of competitive analysis methods
• Highly effective project management, prioritization, multi-tasking, and time management skills to meet deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proven team player who is both flexible and adaptable
• Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, and in a team environment
• Adheres to all company policies, adoption and/or changes to policies
• Must have a valid driver’s license, use of a personal vehicle is required. Must be willing and able to travel within the Wightman serving territory, which may include marketing presentations and support for events (i.e. Chamber of Commerce events, Home Shows)
• Participate in internal and external company functions as required, which may vary from regular Wightman business hours
• Required to be available for emergency calls, to support other operational departments
• Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
How to Apply
In order to be considered for this opportunity, please forward your resume and accompanying cover letter to the attention of:
HR Administrator at email@example.com
Submission must be received by 4:00pm on Friday September 17, 2021
Wightman is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all that express interest in joining our team however only those candidates selected will be contacted regarding additional assessment stages.