Sales and Marketing, Consumer Market
Burlington, Ontario | PR6
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Channel Marketing & Strategy, the Manager Marketing will be responsible for developing, implementing and analyzing strategic marketing campaigns designed to acquire new customers and service existing customers in the consumer market.
With a focus on non-traditional sales channels like online, face to face and outbound telemarketing, the marketing manager will design robust marketing programs and implement them in partnership with the Channel Marketing and Sales Effectiveness teams.
This individual will continuously stay on top of key indicators while working closely with the channel and Sales Effectiveness teams to take corrective action(s) where needed. This will be accomplished through insightful analyses, well-thought out strategies and comprehensive business cases to support recommendations to increase sales or improve customer experience.
Acquisition and Base Management
- Develop, recommend & implement marketing campaigns for alternate / non-traditional channels.
- Own the numbers through tracking & analysis.
- Analysis of results and feedback to provide ongoing insights.
- Constantly & proactively provide new ideas to improve performance related key initiatives.
- Develop reports for senior management ensuring accuracy and integrity.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to apply alternate channel strategies.
- Actively contribute to quarterly planning cycles.
- Interface with sales effectiveness, operations and product partners to review and improve on results.
Annual Key Metrics
- Connect targets.
- Connect Mix & Connect Rate.
- Cross sell rate.
Year 1 Deliverables
- Build and implement effective campaigns to drive connects through alternate / non-traditional channels.
- Analyze campaigns and conduct robust post-mortems.
- Key contributor to quarterly team planning cycle.
Other Key accountabilities
- As part of his/her function, incumbent must take all necessary measures to ensure their health and safety at work and that of employees under their responsibility, while seeing to the protection of the general public. They must make sure employees under their responsibility comply with all Health & Safety instructions, guidelines, policies and procedures.
- To support Cogeco’s ultimate goal of providing excellent service to current & potential customers, the incumbent must be constantly attentive & responsive to both external & internal customers’ needs & assist in the resolution of any issues or concerns in a timely and professional manner while ensuring that the solution meets the customer’s needs.
- To perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or a combination of relevant education and experience.
- MBA an asset.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in a related industry with the majority in a large tele/cable communications company with experience in an acquisition and/or acquisition capacity mandatory.
- 3 – 5 Years driving marketing programs / sales through non-traditional / alternate channels.
- Strong collaboration, organizational and communication skills to ensure effective campaign success.
- Constantly challenging the status quo, pushing the organisation to deliver what is required to hit the numbers.
- Foster and values open dialogue & cross-functional team work.
- Results oriented with proven management and leadership abilities to effectively meet KPI’s, quality, and sales, acquisition and base management objectives.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written. Bilingualism English/French is an asset.
- Self motivated with the ability to take initiative in identifying and resolving problems independently while still recognizing the impact of change on others in terms of “change control” processes. Monitors own work for quality.
- Winning customer service attitude and quality consciousness combined with demonstrated sales and customer acquisition skills.
- Deep and broad understanding of Broadband, Cable, Telecom or Internet industries and technologies required.
At Cogeco, diversity is an essential asset to our organization’s performance. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all qualified individuals, regardless of cultural and individual differences. We strive to build teams which reflects the diverse profiles and backgrounds of both the customers and communities we serve, firmly believing that this distinguishes Cogeco from competitors and contributes to our signature of excellence.