WE CONNECT PEOPLE TO THEIR PASSIONS THROUGH GREAT CONTENT
Blue Ant Media is a privately held, international content producer, distributor and channel operator. From our production houses around the world, we create content for multiple genres including factual, factual entertainment, short-form digital series and kids programming. Our distribution business, Blue Ant International, offers a catalogue of 3,200+ hours of content, including the largest 4K natural history offering on the market. Blue Ant Media’s international channel business offers a portfolio of media brands around the globe. Blue Ant Media is headquartered in Toronto, with operations in Los Angeles, Singapore, Auckland, Dunedin, London, Washington, Sydney, Beijing and Taipei. Follow us on: Twitter/LinkedIn/Instagram
Our productions and media brands are a product of our employees who are passionate experts in all of these areas. They are fanatical about creating outstanding content and experiences; and enthusiastic about delivering it on new and evolving platforms.
We actively seek out people who embody our core values: optimism, creativity, entrepreneurism, agility and integrity. We attract creative talents who are optimistic about the evolving future of content and who take pride in seeing opportunity where others see challenges. We encourage employees to think like small business owners by taking ownership on projects and giving them the flexibility to take risks and embrace an evolving media landscape. Our team members excel at collaborating with internal and external partners and our culture fosters sharing ideas and treating all people with respect.
Are you one of us?
This full-time role will own audience growth and fan engagement for the robust Cottage Life brand as well as the T+E and Makeful brands across TV, social, digital, print and live events. This role is based in Toronto and will report to the Director of Marketing.
Responsibilities & Duties
● Plan and execute seasonal and show-based promotional campaigns including: developing creative briefs, managing delivery and production of promotional assets, and coming up with creative ways to drive television tune-in.
● Work closely with various cross-functional teams (content, research, sales, ad operations, digital, and publicity) to ensure consistent messaging and coordination of efforts across all viewer facing promotional activities.
● Work with research and Media Strategist to track campaign performance and quickly respond to optimize and shift plans as required.
● Responsible for social media content calendar planning, strategy and execution for our T+E and Makeful brands.
● Own social fan engagement by listening and responding to fans to ensure customer service is timely and consistent, as well as engaging proactively in relevant hashtags and conversations.
● Cultivate and nurture relationships with fans, influencers and bloggers and affinity brand partner communities as needed.
● Work with graphic and video production teams to create on-air promos and digital content for Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, and websites as needed.
● Work cross-department with various brand stakeholders including linear programming, consumer shows and editorial teams.
● Deepen our brand affinity through activations at four Cottage Life Consumer shows a year; one Seasons/"Makeful" consumer show, two Baby Shows, seven partner Signatures/"Makeful" consumer shows and Fan Expo in August.
● Flexibility to work occasional evenings and the rare weekend for specific show and brand launch initiatives.
Experience & Qualifications
● Minimum of 3-5 years experience with a demonstrated focus on brand building and fan engagement
● Project management skills with the ability to set and manage priorities, meet deadlines, and work autonomously
● Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience in related field
● Proven ability to build engaged organic communities for Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter
● Savvy communication skills - written and visual
● A good working knowledge of Google Analytics, Facebook Business Manager, MailChimp, and up-to-date digital marketing best practices
● Excellent interpersonal skills and team building skills; ability to work collaboratively in a cross functional organization and manage multiple stakeholders to deliver exceptional results
● A passion for pop culture, maker communities and the supernatural is a plus. Must also believe that cable television is still cool (but so are the new kids like Amazon and Netflix).
● Preference will be given to those with experience managing people
Blue Ant Media celebrates diversity in both its programming and workforce. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds who are eligible to work in Canada.
We thank all candidates for their interest in Blue Ant Media and we will reach out to those candidates that are under consideration. If you are contacted for an interview and require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.