Find opportunity and adventure in Canada’s North.
At Northwestel, we're driven by a common vision of a highly connected North where every Northern Canadian can prosper and thrive. We're getting there by delivering the most innovative communications solutions for the North.
Join the Northwestel team and enjoy a unique balance of rewarding work and the extraordinary lifestyle that awaits you and your family in the North!
We know there’s more to your decision about where you work than just the work itself. Along with a professional and fulfilling work environment, you’ll enjoy competitive pay, team incentive plan, comprehensive benefit program and a commitment to ongoing professional development.
Discover the North by Northwestel, meet our people, and hear their stories on our website or on Instagram(northbynwtel).
Market Manager, Enterprise/Resource Sector
Applications are now being accepted for a full-time position of Market Manager, Enterprise/Resource Sector located in Whitehorse, YT.
This position is responsible for driving the development and implementation of market segment strategies to enable the company to meet or exceed budgeted growth in the business sector. The incumbent will develop a deep understanding of the market for the purpose of enhancing the company’s competitive position and enhancing corporate profitability.
- Create and deliver strategic business market plans to support day-to-day operations and longer range planning for the designated segment.
- Build and maintain close working relationships with key business partners (product management, product development, sales and operations) to understand and influence business strategies, key priorities and direction to improve business results
- Develop and maintain a keen understanding of assigned market segment(s) specifically economic profile, industry performance, technology needs, and purchasing behavior or process
- Collect and analyze various information sources (research, customer intelligence insights, competitive insights) to define strategic approach and drive business segment decision making
- Manage the performance of the segment to designated quarterly and annual revenue and financial targets
- Support account teams to focus on deal win rates, profitability and repeatability
- Provide strategic guidance to improve product roadmap execution, new product development and alignment on in-market programs across marketing and sales
- Actively participate in industry events, tradeshows and associations to foster key relationships with market influencers.
- Responsible for driving the development and implementation of strategies for the non-government Enterprise segment (across all industry segments with the exception of the resource sector)
- Responsible for driving the development and implementation of market strategies for the resource sector
- Other duties as required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with all stakeholders: ability to engage and influence internally and externally
- Strategic thinker with strong business acumen and analytical skills (market research and data analysis methods)
- Results-oriented, adaptable to changing environments and strong collaboration and team work skills (including in a virtual team environment)
- Strong proficiency in MS Office Suite (especially PowerPoint and Excel)
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Commerce, Business, Marketing or related field. MBA degree is desired.
- Five years of strategic planning, business marketing or segment management experience.
- Five years Telecommunications experience would be an asset.
- Proven experience in developing actionable market plan in one or more of the following segments: Consumer, Small-Medium Business (SMB), Enterprise and/or Public Sector.
- Working experience in the context of Canada North and/or the Aboriginal culture is highly desirable.
- Relevant working experience in the industry especially with larger non-government organizations is desirable
- Experience in developing or providing vertical solutions to enterprises is an asset
- Solid connection with industry influencers is highly desirable (e.g. Airlines and Hotels)
- Require solid working knowledge about the ecosystem of the Canadian resource sector including key processes, industry issues and general ICT requirement
- Strong connection with industry veterans or decision markets – especially in Canada North – is desirable
- Relevant working experience in the resource sector such as the oil and gas, and mining companies is a must
As a safety conscious COR™ Certified organization, we have an established and comprehensive safety program. We expect all employees to participate in our organizational health and safety programs, adhering to all safe work procedures focused on continuous improvement.
What we offer you:
- Health Benefits
- Team Incentive Bonus
- Paid Vacation with a Vacation Travel Allowance
- Work-Life Balance
- Community Involvement
How to apply:
Please visit Northwestel’s Job board and create a Candidate Profile. https://rt11.ultipro.ca/NOR5000/JobBoard/ListJobs.aspx?__vt=ExtCan
Select the position you would like to apply on and then choose “apply on line”. Or fax your cover letter and resume to 867-668-3236, before the closing date.
Northwestel values diversity in the workplace and is committed to the goals of Employment Equity. We strive to achieve a skilled workforce that is representative of the population we serve, and as a Northern company, we are committed to the employment and career development of our Aboriginal peoples. Candidates must clearly indicate on their application if they are an Aboriginal person, a woman, a person with a disability, or a visible minority if they wish to receive hiring preference.