Do extraordinary things: Choose the North!
What does it mean to work for the premier communication solutions provider in the North? It’s working in Canada’s pristine and unique North with the best and brightest. At Northwestel, our employees work every day to deliver innovative solutions for more than 120,000 customers living in an area almost the size of the European Union or four million square kilometres. It’s doing extraordinary things and getting rewarded. It’s the thrill of working hard, the joy of working together and access to the extraordinary adventures that lie in the North.
Applications are now being accepted for a full-time position of Manager, Workforce Management & Planning located in Yellowknife, NT.
The Manager, Control Centre reporting to the Director, Field Services, is responsible for providing a centralized service to support the coordination, scheduling and dispatch of work for all technical Field Services areas.
This position is accountable to ensure that Northwestel is successful at completing delivery of service on time each and every day. This role is the driver and catalyst to make this happen through effective workload management of over seventy technical field positions across all regions of Northwestel’s operating area. This position directly supervises a team of clerical staff, including Workforce Schedulers and Real Time Coordinators for workload completion.
- Manage the centralized workload management and dispatch function. This function receives, assesses, coordinates, prioritizes, schedules and escalates work order requests received from Call Centres, Repair Centre, Sales and Engineering for activities which may include, but are not limited to, installations, maintenance and repair, or other network-related work.
- Ensure that requests for service and workload management are done in a manner that optimizes customer satisfaction and maximizes efficiency and revenues. This includes responses to emergency or unplanned requirements while ensuring on-going workload commitments of field personnel are met. This also includes preparing, verifying, and authorizing employee schedules for Control Centre Associates & load requirements for Field Operations Technicians – which meet both the needs of the forecasted workload and the Collective Agreement.
- Work closely with Managers of Field Operations, this position assists with the processes to identify skill shortages of field technical forces and help determine corresponding training needs (Gap Analysis) and maintain detailed workforce skills inventory for workload and dispatching purposes through Click.
- Develop, coach and engage employees. This includes conducting performance evaluations (OPs), addressing disciplinary issues in an appropriate manner, and applying the Attendance Management Program and other relevant policies when needed. This also includes skill assessment and gap analysis that ensures effective employee development and training to meet the needs of the individual and department.
- Hold responsibility for assisting in the development of and managing an annual operating budget of $600,000.
- Lead or participate on various committees and projects. For example, this may include process improvements (working with a variety of other departments and managers to improve service commitments), technical staff skills gap analysis, identification of high value customers, feasibility of possible coordination of other technical staff, etc.
- Demonstrate and role model a passion for meeting customer commitments.
- Bring together cross functional stakeholders, as required, to investigate roadblocks to success
- Qualifications for this position include relevant post-secondary education (eg. Business or Technical programs) or relevant experience and a minimum of five years of experience in managing both people and resource deployment.
- Strategic planning and implementation experience is required. Experience in Telecom or Fleet Dispatch Operations is optimal, with an understanding of field installation and technical repair an asset.
- Superb analytical, root cause analysis and problem solving skills are essential in the success of this position.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (oral, written and presentation), the ability to influence others, project/process management, and excellent customer service skills are required.
- The incumbent must have excellent leadership and coaching skills and has experience in successfully leading and motivating a team through change.
- A wide degree of creativity and independent thinking is expected.
- Other requirements include solid telecom-related technical acumen and proficiency in business software programs including Suite Solutions, Click and MS Office
Tuesday, December 15, 2015 before 5:00 pm PDT.
How to apply:
Please visit Northwestel’s Job board and create a Candidate Profile. https://rt11.ultipro.ca/NOR5000/JobBoard/ListJobs.aspx?__vt=ExtCan
Select the position you would like to apply on and then choose “apply on line”. Or fax your cover letter and resume to 867-668-3236, before the closing date.
Northwestel values diversity in the workplace and is committed to the goals of Employment Equity. We strive to achieve a skilled workforce that is representative of the population we serve, and as a Northern company, we are committed to the employment and career development of our Aboriginal peoples. Candidates must clearly indicate on their application if they are an Aboriginal person, a woman, a person with a disability, or a visible minority if they wish to receive hiring preference.