Date: Nov 28, 2018
Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Req Id: 223879
Bell is a truly Canadian company with a 138 year track record of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company’s vast potential.
To ensure we continue to be recognized as Canada’s leading communications company, we’re committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees.
If you’re passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team.
Includes corporate and operational finance, internal teams support, the controllers group, internal audit and risk advisory services, taxation, treasury, corporate strategy and mergers and acquisitions.
The Bell Wireless Finance team is responsible for financial planning and reporting activities and supports both the Wireless executive team and the Finance executive team. The Manager, Product, Reporting and Analysis will be a key member of the Wireless Finance team, and will be reporting directly into the Senior Manager – Product. This role includes being involved in month end reporting and assisting the Senior Manager – Product with budgets and forecasts. The role also includes analyzing key wireless metrics, as well as developing enhanced, value added financial analysis and management reporting to drive improved financial and business performance. In order to do this, the candidate will work closely with the business to understand and evaluate key business trends and to ensure the accuracy and integrity of financial results.
The successful candidate will need to have a finance background, be a self-starter that is able to work independently or in a group environment, possess strong analytical and technical skills and a clear ability to identify key business trends and issues in a fast-paced work environment. The candidate will also have strong communication skills to build relationships at various levels of the organization and the confidence to participate in Senior-level discussions.
- Analyze monthly results under IFRS 15 as well as business initiatives/drivers in order to prepare monthly commentary as well as a Reporting Package with KPIs, graphical presentations and dashboards for review with senior management.
- Preparing monthly journal entries and analysis and assist with month end consolidation and elimination entries.
- Liaise with business unit primes to drive operational results.
- Assist the Senior Manager in validating key business assumptions for monthly outlook/forecasts as well as the annual budget.
- Assist the Senior Manager in various Wireless initiatives to help improve the company’s EBITDA results.
- Provide ad-hoc reports and analysis as required and represent finance in various Wireless projects.
- Identify opportunities to streamline processes and improve reporting to drive new insight.
- An accounting designation or working towards a designation (CPA, or MBA)
- Excellent Excel skills (v-lookup, macro) and possess the ability to present results in a concise manner leveraging charts and graphs and using tools such as PowerPoint
- Strong financial systems knowledge on SAP, and SAS
- Strong technical and analytical skills including rate/volume variance analysis as well as leveraging business drivers to better understand results
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written) and ability to present to senior management
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize issues
- Ability to manipulate/analyze large amounts of data
- Ability to partner with cross-functional operational and finance teams
- Ability to streamline processes to improve both speed and accuracy of reporting and planning
- Attention to detail and ability to analyze numbers for accuracy and reasonableness
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in a finance role
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
Position Type: Management
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Mississauga
Application Deadline: 12/12/2018
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
Bell is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.