Lead and support the future generation of technology talent!
Join our team
If you’re passionate about helping bright, talented and enthusiastic engineering or computer science new grads and co-op students learn, develop their careers, and create state-of-the-art technology solutions that serve our customers, here’s the perfect opportunity!
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
As the Manager of our one-of-a-kind, industry leading program, you will support and advance the Graduate Technology Leadership Program (GTLP) to meet TELUS’ current and future engineering & technology talent needs.
You will support a team of new graduates from their entry into the program through to their post-program placement in TELUS. This includes partnering closely with technology rotation managers as our new grads progress through various technical streams to ensure that their customized, individual training plans deliver learning outcomes aligned to strategic talent development goals. You will also take the lead to develop industry-leading recruitment strategies in support of sourcing the top technology talent for TELUS’ priority innovation areas.
The Manager of Technology Strategy for GTLP reports to the Director of Technology Strategy, on TELUS’ Technology Strategy & Business Transformation (TSBT) - Strategic Initiatives team, and will partner closely with other strategy primes supporting people, culture and marketing initiatives specific to the new grad program.
If you’re ready to take on stewardship for this unique program and champion the development and growth of our next generation of technical talent, read on.
- Provide leadership, coaching and support to GTLP team members
- Coordinate selection and assignment of rotations
- Ensure each team member’s progress against their performance objectives and learning plan is being performed and tracked
- Facilitate monthly learning progress reviews between GTLP team members and rotation managers
- Align the needs of technology-oriented rotations with the development needs of GTLP team members & co-ops
- Ensure co-op students & co-op managers have a positive experience to become advocates for TELUS’ GTLP and Engineering & Technology Co-op Program (ETCP)
- Partner with and build strong relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders within TELUS to optimize the coaching, mentoring and development: technical, leadership, and business acumen, for each GTLP team member to support their career objectives
- Evolve the design and delivery of the GTLP based on analysis of feedback and data
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to coordinate and support the recruitment cycle for annual GTLP and co-op intakes: 3 times per year
- Evolve the recruitment strategy to include non-traditional recruitment approaches, which include collaborating with internal and external partners
- Initiate technical and/or business case innovation projects to support the development of GTLP team members
- Facilitate the review and assessment of non-rotation projects, including business cases and/or technical opportunities
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle
- Passion for technology and leadership
- Strong commitment to learning and continuous improvement
- Proven track record coaching and mentoring others to achieve high performance and meet their career objectives
- Excellent communication, written and verbal, with a proven ability to be able to lead and influence others to achieve program outcomes
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Exceptional consultation, analytical and problem solving skills
- 5+ years of experience leading cross-functional projects or programs
- Recruitment and interviewing experience
- Degree in Business, Engineering or Computer Science or other related discipline
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?