Every day, our passionate employees connect our customers to the world and everything in it – it’s why we exist at Shaw, and it’s why we strive to be the place where the best people choose to work. Our people reflect the richness of our communities, and our culture is inclusive of each individual’s diverse background and perspective, which makes us a stronger team.
At Shaw we believe a diverse workforce fosters diversity of thought and perspective, and more diversity means more solutions. We invite all qualified individuals to apply.
Career Opportunity: Manager, Strategic Sourcing
The Manager, Strategic Sourcing role is based in Calgary will report to the Director, Strategic Sourcing. This people and category sourcing manager will lead a team that will drive the development of Strategic Sourcing & Category Strategies, plans and initiatives for the Strategic Sourcing team in close collaboration with internal business stakeholders.
• Being a leader, motivator and role model for Shaw’s Vision and Values.
• Responsible for overall team mentoring, hiring, cessation, performance reviews and development plans.
• Develop engagement and project plans for large Strategic Sourcing Initiatives.
• Develop and Implement Strategic Sourcing process and methodologies.
• Analyze report findings and data and make recommendations when required.
• Maintain and provide a current understanding of industry best practices and technology trends to team members and business partners.
• Ensure organizational financial goals are met.
• Lead the development and consolidation of category cost savings initiatives.
• Implement strategies that directly affect company financial results and growth plans.
• Ensure compliance with purchasing policies and procedures, ethical practices and adherence to relevant laws and regulations.
• Manage and measure category team performance against key business objectives.
• Identify and organize team resources responsible for Sourcing Strategies.
• Liaise with internal category teams, business partners and gain a comprehensive understanding of business requirements.
• Collaborate with senior functional leaders to establish short-term and long-term business objectives.
• Identify metrics, tools, and processes to optimize sourcing activities and efficiencies and work collaboratively with team members to prioritize and drive implementation.
• Lead the development of negotiation strategies and negotiations of high value/risk/complex agreements with large technology suppliers encompassing key program specifications, functional and commercial objectives.
• Build and maintain strategic partnerships with a number of our technology partners.
• Oversee the tracking and reporting of initiatives and vendor information in a central repository for reporting purposes.
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
• University or post-secondary degree is required; degree in Strategic Sourcing, Engineering, Finance or Business is preferred.
• Three plus years building and managing hi-performing teams.
• Ten plus years of progressive experience in leading large strategic projects, strategic procurement, contracting and supply chain management required.
• MBA or post-graduate degree in business, finance, or related field would be an asset.
• Proven high-level degree of financial and problem-solving ability required.
• Some knowledge and experience with e-procurement processes and systems required.
• Strong and proven business and financial acumen.
• Knowledge of contract law with a focus on technology services.
• Prior knowledge and experience in multiple commodities and spend categories required with a focus in Technology, Telecom, Network and Cable solutions and services.
• Strong Project Management skills required.
• Understanding and knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma and Project Management methodologies is an asset.
• Thorough knowledge of advanced functions of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) required.
• Knowledge of/experience with SAP or Oracle Financial systems an asset.
• Proven ability to perform in a team environment as well manage and lead a cross functional team.
• Excellent knowledge of Strategic Sourcing, Contract and Vendor Management.
• Excellent relationship building, interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills required.
If you want to be part of something bigger—part of a dynamic team of people who are aligned, focused, and passionate about working together to care for our customers, then we look forward to meeting you! Join us.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
This position requires the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Shaw Communications, through its third party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.