Date: Nov 24, 2018
Location: Brampton, ON, CA, L6T 0C1
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
You are a business-minded, risk-oriented, passionate safety leader who is inspired by the opportunity to make a positive impact by collaborating with your team and with business leaders to create the best outcomes. You’re seeking a role that will allow you to contribute to a strategy, while driving unique solutions for your customers in the business.
What you’ll be doing:
- Based in Brampton, Ontario and reporting to the Senior Director, Safety & Well-being, the Manager participates in the development of strategic safety and well-being objective-setting for the organization, and facilitates development of safety and well-being business plans.
- The Manager leads, guides and supports Rogers business units across Canada in the development of their safety programs, with a focus on Network engineering, construction, maintenance and operation, as well as data centres and other enterprise business functions; and, on helping Rogers businesses to maintain compliance with Federal legislation.
- The Manager provides strategic safety advice and reports to executives, business partners and line managers.
- Partnership with internal functions to develop sustainable risk reduction initiatives is also central to the role.
What you have:
- University degree, preferably in Occupational Health and Safety or relevant science-based degree.
- At least seven years of experience managing Safety.
- Strong aptitude for developing relationships, influencing stakeholders, initiating and innovating improvements, and excellent follow-through.
- Strong written, presentation, and verbal communication skills are essential.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 8200 Dixie Road (101), Brampton, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Human Resources & Health and Safety
Requisition ID: 138315
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.