Every day, our passionate employees connect our customers to the world and everything in it – it’s why we exist at Shaw, and it’s why we strive to be the place where the best people choose to work. Our people reflect the richness of our communities, and our culture is inclusive of each individual’s diverse background and perspective, which makes us a stronger team.
At Shaw we believe a diverse workforce fosters diversity of thought and perspective, and more diversity means more solutions. We invite all qualified individuals to apply.
Career Opportunity: Manager, Regulatory Affairs
We have an exciting opportunity for a Manager, Regulatory Affairs working in our Ottawa office. Reporting to the Vice President, Regulatory Affairs, the successful candidate will provide advice, drafting and research in support of Shaw’s written and oral submissions to the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) and other government bodies.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
• Provide legal and regulatory advice and research, develop positions and draft written submissions for regulatory proceedings.
• Provide drafting, panel preparation and other support during CRTC hearings and other government proceedings.
• Develop and maintain knowledge of Canadian (federal and provincial) and international legislative and regulatory developments affecting the communications industry.
• Prepare memos on regulatory decisions and proceedings affecting Shaw’s business.
• Develop recommendations for business practices to ensure Shaw’s continued regulatory and legislative compliance.
• Participate in industry working groups.
• Develop an appropriate level of understanding of current and future technologies to assist in assessing regulatory impacts, obligations and opportunities.
• Prepare and file submissions to the CRTC.
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
• Regulatory or legal professional with experience advising on issues affecting the broadcasting distribution industry in Canada or proven experience with other regulatory agencies.
• Law degree or suitable educational and professional background.
• Bilingualism is an asset.
• Familiarity with key issues and challenges facing the communications industry in Canada.
• Experience in areas of law that impact the communications industry, including competition, copyright and privacy.
• Exceptional written advocacy skills.
• A strong sense of the balance between regulation and market-based innovation and investment.
• A commitment to maximizing customer choice and value.
• Team player.
If you want to be part of something bigger—part of a dynamic team of people who are aligned, focused, and passionate about working together to care for our customers, then we look forward to meeting you! Join us.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Shaw Communications, through its third party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.