MANAGER, OPERATIONS – BRANDON, MANITOBA
WESTMAN COMMUNICATIONS GROUP is seeking applications from energetic, highly motivated individuals to become part of our team. Westman is a successful, fast-paced and dynamic organization, with a positive, team-oriented work environment. We offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive and unique benefits package. Leverage your knowledge with a local technology leader.
This leadership position is responsible for our field operations infrastructure and solution architecture governance. Embodying a comprehensive understanding of broadband distribution network construction, maintenance, installation and repair; security; property management; fleet management; disaster recovery; and business continuity, this leader with an exceptional vision will implement, champion, and deliver infrastructure and operations platforms to our customers.
Reporting directly to the Chief Technology Officer, this is a customer focused technical leader, that leads from experience, by example and by business authority while proactively creating scaled systems, processes and procedures to meet the needs, challenges and opportunities of our organization. They are passionate about standard methodologies, operational excellence, and challenging the status quo in pursuit of best practices in execution and achieving business success.
Leadership & Employee Development:
• Creates and fosters a team environment built on trust, accountability, inclusion and innovation;
• Mentors, coaches and develops employees within the department to ensure short and long-term capacity;
• Develops a team of technology professionals capable of providing tactical support for day to day operations;
• Leads employee selection, training, guidance, performance management and development to ensure department objectives, goals and performance standards are met;
• Leads and promotes positive change within the department and organization;
• Proven commitment to the team and organization by actively participating on various committees, cross functional teams, and with organizational initiatives.
Management and Administration:
• Develops, manages, and administers departmental budgets, performance metrics, and key reporting for both internal and external users;
• Establishes, evaluates and maintains compliance with policies and procedures including administrative policies, safety procedures, government regulations, etc.;
• Communicates objectives, plans, benchmarks, and outcomes to staff and key stakeholders;
• Adherence to budgeting and financial management controls, all operational and capital purchases, and capital replacement programs;
• Investigates and resolves customer inquiries and/or complaints;
• Establishes and maintains working relationships with vendors to ensure quality, best pricing, delivery, coordination of responsibilities, and timelines;
• Provides strategic direction for infrastructure and delivers extraordinary customer service for all stakeholders;
• Provides senior management with an enterprise-wide perspective while putting strategies and plans for systems into context with other projects and associated risks;
• Leads the team to provide business analysis and consultation on overall business strategy as it relates to operations and technology;
• Leads the central management of any incidents, ensuring incidents are resolved efficiently and then working across technology to establish the root cause and provide strategic input to ensure any underlying issues are fully remediated;
• Administers vacation requests, time-tracking approvals and goal development in alignment with individual, team and corporate goals;
• Manages team to analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems;
• Supports, communicates and reinforces the mission, values, philosophy and culture of the organization.
Education / Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in a telecommunications field, a related field or equivalent experience;
• 10+ years' experience within the telecommunications industry considered an asset;
• 5+ years’ in a leadership capacity;
• Extensive knowledge of fiber/ coax transmission / distribution systems;
• Significant hands-on experience with telecommunications systems including at least one system implementation;
• Designation from an accredited provider of telecommunications training (i.e. SCTE) would be an asset.
Skills and Competencies:
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain productive alliances and partnerships with internal and external customers;
• Effective written and verbal communication in conjunction with training skills;
• Synthesizes, distills, and communicates complex information at an exceptionally high and nuanced level;
• Ability to work multi-functionally with all levels of internal staff;
• Functions autonomously and proactively in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment;
• Highly-organized, self-motivated; leadership style of continuous improvement;
• Strong leadership presence with a high-motivation to meet personal, team and corporate goals
• Demonstrated strategic planning and problem-solving skills;
• Quickly establishes positive relationships that engender trust and motivate others to invest in organizational goals, processes, and systems;
• Establishes and communicates clear expectations, deliverables, and deadlines;
• Positively leads and motivates cross-functional teams;
• Strong qualitative and quantitative data analysis abilities;
• Ability to research and quickly resolve technical issues;
• Ability to handle multiple, concurrent priorities;
• Exceptional computer software skills (MS Excel/Word/PowerPoint/Outlook);
• Advanced expertise in all phases of project management;
• Demonstrated capabilities in proposal development;
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: NOON, Monday, March 5, 2018. When applying for this position, please reference the position title in the subject line and/ or the body of the e-mail and/ or cover letter.
As an equal-opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. While we thank each applicant for their interest, only selected candidates will be contacted.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources Manager
Westman Communications Group
1906 Park Avenue
Brandon, MB R7B 0R9