Work Location:Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Every day, our passionate employees connect our customers to the world and everything in it – it’s why we exist at Shaw, and it’s why we strive to be the place where the best people choose to work. Our people reflect the richness of our communities, and our culture is inclusive of each individual’s diverse background and perspective, which makes us a stronger team.
At Shaw we believe a diverse workforce fosters diversity of thought and perspective, and more diversity means more solutions. We invite all qualified individuals to apply.
Career Opportunity: Manager, Marketing and E-Commerce Applications
The Shaw Digital Team located in Calgary, Alberta is currently seeking a Manager to join our team of passionate online professionals.
This role will be accountable for the delivery of the application level roadmap, development, quality and release management for Digital.
It requires an innovative, pragmatic, and problem solver interested into producing quality solutions to business opportunities.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
• Accountable for application-based focus with stable team and dedicated resources; end-to-end perspective.
• Accountable for growth and training of talent.
• Works on removing roadblocks for application teams.
• Leads the Digital Application Team to mature the Agile Practice.
• Leads the overall Quality and Performance of the Digital Application.
• Collaborates with the intake team on Strategic Digital Assessments.
• Collaborates with others on Performance, Security and Operational Readiness
• Manages Iterative Application Releases on application Roadmap/Backlog to deliver value to customers faster using automated and repeatable release processes based on iterative development and fix forward strategy with the culture of faster feedback and continuous improvement.
• Accountable for digital application delivery to ensure logical and prioritized release scheduling, in alignment with organizational priorities.
• Accountable for application level roadmap.
• Manages Application level budget ensure accurate forecasting & spends.
• Manages reporting, staffing and people allocation on Application Team.
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
• Post secondary degree or technical diploma in computer science or related field is a must.
• Minimum 4 years of progressive experience in application management and software delivery.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal is required.
• Strong negotiation skills are a must.
• Strong conflict resolution skills are a must.
• Working experience with 3rd party vendors is an asset.
• Leadership experience is a must.
• Ability to coach and performance manage the team is a must.
• Knowledge of the telecommunications industry is an asset.
If you want to be part of something bigger—part of a dynamic team of people who are aligned, focused, and passionate about working together to care for our customers, then we look forward to meeting you! Join us.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. This position requires the successful completion of a criminal and credit background check.
BUSINESS UNIT: TOPS
Shaw Communications, through its third party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.