Our mission at NorthwesTel is to be the preferred supplier of high-value communication and entertainment solutions to Northern Customers. As the first and only northern-based company to provide telecommunications across the North, we see a future where we will progressively build upon a legacy of achievement. NorthwesTel recognizes that our best asset is our employees. We recognize that work-life balance and encourage community involvement.
We are currently seeking a full time permanent Implementation Manager to join our IT Infrastructure team.
As our Implementation Manager, in IT Infrastructure you will:
- Design information technology solutions for the business by developing plans for capital projects, installation specifications and costing.
- Create implementation schedules, procure materials, equipment and develop work schedules.
- Ensure work is being done to specifications and meeting timelines set out.
- Monitor capital budget expenditures.
- Performs system testing and acceptance of project.
- Design and create detailed documentation for IT systems.
- Submit Requests for Change (RFCs) that adhere to ITIL change management best practices.
- Provided third level support.
- Manage capacity and planning of IT systems.
- Provide input and solutions to the business, steering teams, the portfolio management team, and to the overall ITM business plan.
- Assess technological business needs and develop technological solutions.
What you need to ensure you are successful in this role:
A diploma or degree in Computer Science and 3 to 5 years of experience working in various aspects of IS and 3 years experience relating to project and time management skills. The incumbent should have demonstrated experience designing and implementing solutions, with a specialization in at least one of the following areas.
Servers and Operating Systems:
Blade technology (e.g. Sun or HP)
Virtualization Technology (e.g. VMWare ESX 5.0 and higher)
Sun SPARC or Intel based servers
Microsoft Server, 2008, 2012 (MCSE certification is an asset)
Sun Solaris 9 or 10
Other Unix or Linux flavors
SAN or NAS technology (e.g. HP Storage Works or NetApp)
Backup and recovery
IP routing protocols
Cisco or Juniper network equipment (CCNA or Networks + an asset)
Monitoring technologies (e.g. SNMP)
Monitoring Software (e.g. CA eHealth, Spectrum)
Email Platforms (e.g. MS Exchange, Novell GroupWise, Sun Messaging Server)
SPAM Management tools (e.g. Barracuda)
Blackberry Enterprise Services
Unified Communications technologies
Web platforms (e.g. Apache, Tomcat or IIS)
XML, SOAP, JSON
Java or PHP
What we offer you:
- Health & Wellness Benefits
- Team Incentive Plan & Discounts
- Generous vacation and a vacation travel allowance
- Work-life balance
- Community involvement
How should you apply?
Log onto our website to create a candidate profile and apply before the closing date:
Bulletin # 15-00169