Access is a fast-paced dynamic organization, with a team-oriented work environment. As one of Saskatchewan’s Top Employers and as a 100% Saskatchewan Co-operative, we offer competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Internal Support Manager in Regina, SK.
The Manager of Internal Support reports to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) and is accountable for systems implementation, corporate technology service management, and maintenance of application systems initiatives. Plans, implements and programs changes and upgrades to the information systems, operating systems software and hardware. Sources and negotiates with vendors to manage costs and facilitate system upgrades and explore new technologies to meet industry trends and maintain a competitive position.
Main responsibilities include:
– Providing leadership and direction to department staff to ensure that systems and policies are adhered to, and corporate objectives, as they relate to the department, are met. Managing performance, coaching and training (or assessing training needs), listening to issues or concerns and providing support, assistance and feedback on performance.
– Monitoring operations and resolving problems with all internal support systems and programs.
– Developing and implementing processes around acquisition, utilization, and retirement of corporate technology assets, both physical and virtual.
– Managing relationships with third-party vendors: researching, evaluating, negotiating contracts and pricing options, and making recommendations for software, hardware and other technology-related system options.
– Managing all aspects of technical delivery of internal technical services.
– Proactively researching technological advances to best recommend new equipment acquisitions and troubleshooting existing equipment. Investigating architectures and data solutions through research and development for trends in the industry to aid Access in developing new service offerings for customers.
– Developing and executing disaster procedures, maintaining data backups for internal technology.
– As an active participant of the Management team, you will be a role model who supports a positive organizational culture that is focused on building strong employee teams in a highly competitive environment.
– Working with Human Resources to recruit employees, to deal with employee relations issues, to manage discipline problems and for succession planning for the department.
– Establishing processes and procedures to protect company revenue by minimizing unscheduled downtime, service disruption and security exposures. Establishing standards for the operation and management of all information systems to reduce potential for problems occurring. Informing users on these standards and instructing them on general operations of the equipment.
– Actively promoting security awareness and managing internal IT technology risks including cyber-security controls.
– Fostering and maintaining good relationships with internal customers to ensure processes are integrated to support expected customer service levels.
What We Want from You:
– Functional and Technical Competence: Extensive knowledge and skills related to corporate technology service delivery including experience with the existing technology stack within the organization.
– Customer Focus: Dedicated to anticipating and meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
– Project Management: Excellent project management and coordinating skills with the proven ability to handle multiple tasks and make decisions in a rapidly changing environment.
– Entrepreneurial Skills: Viewed as original and innovative with an entrepreneurial approach to work.
– Change Management: Ability to lead and advocate for effective change management and to assist the organization in the change process. Knows strategies to introduce and manage the change that creates the least amount of disruption in the organization.
– Presentation Skills: Able to translate and present ideas and concepts related to the functional area that are appropriate to various audiences’ levels of understanding. Comfortable in formal and informal settings, with employee groups, internal and external customers, Board members, vendors, etc.
– Developing Others: Practices a ‘hands-on’ approach when directing employees and empowers employees to be successful through training, development, and coaching. Committed to both personal and team excellence.
– Composure: Cool under pressure and able to think clearly. Reacts to and anticipates the unexpected. Can be relied upon to remain calm in a crisis and inspire confidence in others that the situation can be resolved.
– An undergraduate degree in Computer Science, or equivalent; or a combination of technical training and significant directly related work experience would be considered.
– Five years’ experience in a supervisory or management role, with ten years of progressive experience in technology implementation and service support.
– Excellent working knowledge of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems, and phone systems.
– Excellent project management skills and strong ability to prioritize.
– Comprehensive knowledge in diagnosing, analyzing, designing, quality assurance testing, implementing, and evaluating technological solutions with measurable results is required.
– Microsoft server, desktop, Microsoft Office 365 services, application support and implementation experience required.
– Experience in web-based services and technologies is required (video conferencing, collaboration, software integrations, etc.)
– Communication: can communicate clearly and provide detailed explanations; keep others informed.
– Previous experience in the communications industry is an asset.
– Previous experience in network security applications and processes an asset.
– Great Salary!
– Outstanding Benefits Package, including Health, Dental and Vision.
– Amazing staff discounts on all services.
– Company matched Pension plan.
– Ongoing training and development opportunities
– Volunteer Opportunities! We do good things in the community, and everyone here is a part of that.
Deadline for application is Monday, June 13th, 2022.
To apply and for more information, please click here.