WESTMAN COMMUNICATIONS GROUP (Westman) is seeking applications from energetic, highly motivated individuals to become part of our growing team!
Westman is an industry-leading communications provider based in Brandon MB, with significant capital expenditures and growth in new communities. Westman offers residential and commercial High-Speed Internet, Digital TV, and Phone services in communities across Manitoba. Westman also owns and operates radio stations Q Country 91.5 FM and 94.7 STAR FM, which broadcast throughout southwestern Manitoba. Established in 1977, as a locally owned and operated cooperative, Westman is dedicated to delivering competitive and innovative services, providing an exceptional member experience, and supporting the communities we serve. Westman empowers their employees to be innovative, team-oriented, community-based, and customer-focused, championing a culture centered around strong values.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer responsibilities include:
Management and Administration
• Provide supervision and direction to the accounting team ensuring transactional accounting activities, month-end close process, and operating and capital transactions are completed
• Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting packages for the management team and other stakeholders to deliver key insights and analytics
• Direct and oversee the general financial administration of the organization, establish internal controls, and ensure compliance with regulatory bodies, including those specific to the communications industry
• Engage with the auditor to complete the financial audit, culminating in the acceptance of our audited financial statement and annual report
• Assist in leading and overseeing the budget process, provide relevant variance analysis, and create and maintain medium term financial forecasts to support the business plan
• Provide direction and support for financial, customer, and operational data analytics, with strong emphasis on functioning effectively in a database environment, to drive superior business decisions and improved operational execution
• Ensure relevant risk management activities are completed, including the ongoing management of contracts for both sales and procurement activities
• Support business development activities by leading relevant planning and analysis to execute on business opportunities to drive growth and profitability
Leadership and Employee Development
• Provide leadership to foster innovation, with the ability to influence and motivate for change, and to maintain effective working relationships at all levels
• Mentors, coaches, and develops employees within the department to ensure short and long-term capacity
• Leads employee selection, training, guidance, performance management and development to ensure department objectives, goals and performance standards are met
• Leads and promotes positive change within the department and organization
Education / Experience
• Completion of a professional accounting designation (such as CA, CGA, CMA, CPA), or an equivalent combination of related education, training and experience may be considered
• Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in accounting, finance, economics, or related field
• Minimum of three years of experience in financial management, planning, and analysis
• Proven track record of leading an accounting team or equivalent experience
• Superior analytical and risk assessment skills supporting continuous improvement initiatives
• Extensive knowledge of process and business systems improvements and implementation
• Strong understanding of the business requirements to succeed in a competitive marketplace
Skills and Competencies
• Strong professionalism in all aspects of work
• Strong written and oral communication skills, leadership abilities, and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate financial and business metrics to all levels of audiences
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain productive alliances and partnerships with internal and external customers
• Synthesizes, distills, and communicates complex information at an exceptionally high and nuanced level
• Functions autonomously and proactively in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment
• Highly organized, self-motivated; leadership style of continuous improvement
• Strong leadership presence with a high motivation to meet personal, team and corporate goals
• Demonstrated strategic planning and problem-solving skills
• Quickly establishes positive relationships that engender trust and motivate others to invest in organizational goals, processes, and systems
• Establishes and communicates clear expectations, deliverables, and deadlines
• Positively leads and motivates cross-functional teams
• Strong qualitative and quantitative data analysis abilities
• Ability to research and quickly resolve technical issues
• Ability to handle multiple, concurrent priorities
• Exceptional computer software skills (MS Excel/Word/PowerPoint/Outlook)
• Advanced expertise in all phases of project management
• Demonstrated capabilities in proposal development
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: NOON on Monday, April 11, 2022, or until the position is filled.
Westman is a successful, fast-paced and dynamic organization, with a positive, team-oriented work environment. We offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive and unique benefits package. Leverage your knowledge with a local technology leader.
Apply today to join our team and begin your exciting career journey with us!
As an equal-opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. While we thank each applicant for their interest, only selected candidates will be contacted.