Northern Allowances, in addition to hourly compensation, will be: $31,900 per year.
The Manager Field Operations, reporting to the General Manager, performs a key role in the delivery of service excellence for our customers. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring that our customer commitments are met, through the installation and maintenance of Access and Network facilities.
This position has direct reports that are primarily bargaining unit positions which may include a combination of Service Technicians, Combination Technicians, Central Office Technicians, Radio Technicians, Cable Splicers, Supply Chain and Community Service Technicians. In addition, this position shares the responsibility of overseeing contractors work with Safety Inspectors and Project Managers.
- Build and support a high performing team of results oriented, customer focused employees who deliver the best experience to our customers across our operating area.
- Ensure team alignment with the Northwestel strategy, and Customer Service Excellence priorities, using established metrics in quality, productivity and customer service as indicators.
- Champion continuous improvement goals in support of our ability to surpass customer expectations by effectively collaborating with other business partners across the business
- Ensure that field technicians have an understanding of and are compliant with Northwestel’s processes, products and service standards and that all work is conducted in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensure the reliability and maintenance of network equipment through participation and alignment in annual operating and capital planning processes.
- Cultivate a performance management culture through formal and informal coaching and assessment using a variety of methods, including the Objective Performance process, Tail gate meetings, in field observations, etc. Provide ongoing skill development through formal and informal training to meet both the current and future needs of the individual and corporation.
- Lead team in accordance to the provisions in the Collective Agreement, including vacation management, disciplinary actions and attendance management.
- Other duties as required.
- Actively participate in the Health & Safety program by working in compliance with OH&S Acts and Regulations, completing required training and reporting immediately to your Supervisor or Workplace H & S Committee member any work-related hazards and concerns.
The manager must have a minimum of five years telecommunications and/or field industry experience with a minimum of three years in a people management or leadership role. This position requires significant personal computer skills both in the Microsoft Office suite and in operational systems.
The Manager Field Operations will be a self-motivated individual with proven analytical and time management skills. They have sound knowledge of situational leadership principals and ability to develop effective interpersonal rapport. They must have proven leadership and performance management skills in a unionized environment and must be sensitive to the northern cultural milieu. The incumbent has experience in successfully leading and motivating a team through change.
As a safety conscious COR™ Certified organization, we have an established and comprehensive safety program. We expect all employees to participate in our organizational health and safety programs, adhering to all safe work procedures focused on continuous improvement.
Northwestel values diversity in the workplace and is committed to the goals of Employment Equity. We strive to achieve a skilled workforce that is representative of the population we serve, and as a Northern company, we are committed to the employment and career development of our Indigenous peoples. Candidates must clearly indicate on their application if they are an Indigenous person, a woman, a person with a disability, or a visible minority if they wish to receive hiring preference.