Find opportunity and adventure in Canada’s North.
At Northwestel, we're driven by a common vision of a highly connected North where every Northern Canadian can prosper and thrive. We're getting there by delivering the most innovative communications solutions for the North.
Join the Northwestel team and enjoy a unique balance of rewarding work and the extraordinary lifestyle that awaits you and your family in the North!
We know there’s more to your decision about where you work than just the work itself. Along with a professional and fulfilling work environment, you’ll enjoy competitive pay, team incentive plan, comprehensive benefit program and a commitment to ongoing professional development.
Discover the North by Northwestel, meet our people, and hear their stories on our website or on Instagram(northbynwtel).
Applications are now being accepted for a full-time position of Manager, Field Operations located in Iqaluit, NU.
The Manager Field Operations, reporting to the Senior Director, Network & Field Operations, performs a key role in the delivery of service excellence for our customers. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring that our customer commitments are met, through the installation and maintenance of Access and Network facilities.
This position directly leads and motivates 8 to 16 employees. These direct reports are primarily bargaining unit positions which may include a combination of Service Technicians, Combination Technicians, Central Office Technicians, Radio Technicians, Cable Splicers, Supply Chain and Community Service Technicians. In addition, this position shares the responsibility of overseeing contractors work with Safety Inspectors and Project Managers.
- Build and support a high performing team of results oriented, customer focussed employees who deliver the best experience to our customers across our operating area.
- Ensure team alignment with the Northwestel strategy, and Customer Service Excellence priorities, using established metrics in quality, productivity and customer service as indicators.
- Champion continuous improvement goals in support of our ability to surpass customer expectations by effectively collaborating with other business partners across the business
- Ensure that field technicians have an understanding of and are compliant with Northwestel’s processes, products and service standards and that all work is conducted in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensure the reliability and maintenance of network equipment through participation and alignment in annual operating and capital planning processes.
- Cultivate a performance management culture through formal and informal coaching and assessment using a variety of methods, including the Objective Performance process, Tail gate meetings, in field observations, etc. Provide ongoing skill development through formal and informal training to meet both the current and future needs of the individual and corporation.
- Lead team in accordance to the provisions in the Collective Agreement, including vacation management, disciplinary actions and attendance management.
- Other duties as required.
- Actively participate in the Health & Safety program by working in compliance with OH&S Acts and Regulations, completing required training and reporting immediately to your Supervisor or Workplace H & S Committee member any work-related hazards and concerns.
The manager must have a minimum of five years telecommunications and/or field industry experience with a minimum of threeyears in a people management or leadership role. This position requires significant personal computer skills both in the Microsoft Office suite and in operational systems.
The Manager Field Operations will be a self-motivated individual with proven analytical and time management skills. They have sound knowledge of situational leadership principals and ability to develop effective interpersonal rapport. They must have proven leadership and performance management skills in a unionized environment and must be sensitive to the northern cultural milieu. The incumbent has experience in successfully leading and motivating a team through change.
Participation in organizational health and safety and/or knowledge of H&S regulations in Canada, will be considered an asset.
What we offer you:
- Health Benefits
- Team Incentive Bonus
- Paid Vacation with a Vacation Travel Allowance
- Northern Living Allowance (depending on location)
- Work-Life Balance
- Community Involvement
How to apply:
Please visit Northwestel’s Job board and create a Candidate Profile. https://rt11.ultipro.ca/NOR5000/JobBoard/ListJobs.aspx?__vt=ExtCan
Select the position you would like to apply on and then choose “apply on line”. Or fax your cover letter and resume to 867-668-3236, before the closing date.
Northwestel values diversity in the workplace and is committed to the goals of Employment Equity. We strive to achieve a skilled workforce that is representative of the population we serve, and as a Northern company, we are committed to the employment and career development of our Aboriginal peoples. Candidates must clearly indicate on their application if they are an Aboriginal person, a woman, a person with a disability, or a visible minority if they wish to receive hiring preference