Halifax, NS, Canada Req #1011
Tuesday, January 19, 2021
Powered by state-of-the-art fibre optic and wireless networks, Eastlink delivers world-class video entertainment and communications services to residential, business and public sector customers across Canada. As one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 11 consecutive years, Eastlink provides high speed Internet, wireless, TV, telephone, security and automation, data communications and exclusive, locally-produced programming. Headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Eastlink is the largest privately owned telecommunications Company in Canada with an employee base of just over 1500 individuals.
This position will be a work from home position to start and then will transition into our head office at 6080 Young Street, Halifax, NS with a flexible work schedule. Reporting to the Director of Financial Planning & Analysis, the Manager, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System is an integral member of a highly collaborative financial management team. The Manager, ERP System will provide financial systems and project management support to the Finance department in all functional areas of finance inclusive of problem identification and solution development. Responsible for overall financial system management, the Manager, ERP System will oversee all aspects of system administration and project management within Finance and related operational departments. This individual would consider themselves both a project manager and systems specialist. This position will be accountable for a small team of 2-3 employee(s) and consultant(s).
• Manage all functional aspects of Syspro administration related to Finance and other operational departments using the Syspro application including but not limited to Supply Chain, Billing, Payment Processing and Mobile;
• Manage all financial system integrations with other operational systems including but not limited to supply chain, mobile and billing systems (Mind, CSG);
• Identify, evaluate and implement finance/system solutions for continuous improvement initiatives within Finance and other related departments;
• Develop policies and procedures to document processes, improve internal controls and system security;
• Ensure consistent practices are implemented throughout the financial system environment to maintain data and reporting integrity;
• Manage and coordinate information technology issues related to financial systems with senior management and internal IT departments;
• Develop and manage financial system reporting framework (Crystal reports, Syspro Report Writer Reports and Syspro Financial reports);
• Manage and coordinate new module implementations and system upgrades;
• Develop and maintain Syspro training program;
• Lead and mentor financial systems support team members;
• Manage and coordinate Eastlink’s project teams and consultants as they pertain to Finance and related operational departments;
• Provide general coverage for day to day financial systems personnel.
• 3 to 5 years experience with financial systems applications/ERP environments;
• Undergraduate Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Commerce or equivalent;
• Strong project management skills and experience;
• People management experience is an asset;
• Broad range of accounting and financial system experience;
• Solid understanding of financial and operational internal control environment;
• Fluency in spreadsheet applications, specifically Excel;
• Excellent communication skills.
Why Choose Eastlink?
Eastlink brings you technology in a way that people would want it. We work hard to provide the best products – Internet, TV, Wireless, Telephone, and Security and Automation – to keep our customers connected to the things and people that matter the most. By putting our customers and their needs at the centre of it all we can show them something special and provide a unique brand experience.
We are extremely proud of our employees and believe the best people make the best companies. As we continue to grow, our goal is to continue to attract the best people.
Dedicated to representing all of the customers we serve, we embrace diversity throughout all levels of the organization and encourage members of equity groups to self-identify during the application process.
Ready to explore an exciting career at Eastlink? Your journey begins here.