This competition is open until filled, however, the first review date is: January 29th, 2019.
Applications are now being accepted for a permanent, full-time position of Manager, Digital User Experience (UX) located in Whitehorse, YT.
Northwestel’s seeks to build an excellent digital customer experience, providing customers with the ability to engage with our employees, research products and services, manage their accounts, get support information, and learn about the company.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Digital Marketing, the Manager, Digital UX will be responsible for managing and maintaining the Northwestel website to optimize user experience. The person will play a lead role in the continuing development and ongoing evolution of content within the digital platform and facilitate the online customer experience. This involves working closely with all functions of the business including the Marketing, Customer Service, Product, HR and IT teams to ensure our digital assets continue to optimize user experience and engagement.
- Manages content development for nwtel.ca and other digital platforms.
- Edits and proofreads online content to ensure clarity and consistency of visuals and messaging.
- Interacts with digital agencies to complete digital projects
- Manages quality assurance testing on nwtel.ca and other digital platforms.
- Ensures adherence to branding, usability and web development guidelines.
- Provide project support as SME (Subject Matter Expert) for digital products.
- Creates and modifying digital assets such as: images, banners, landing pages.
- Works with marketing on product launches, unique offers & pricing changes online.
- Project management including the management of timelines, budgets and approvals.
- Continuously optimize the digital experience through customer data, insights and analytics.
- Work with across functional teams to evaluate third party vendor or internal digital solutions.
- Act as back-up to communications and marketing department as required for Internal and external communications requirements.
- Minimum 3-5 years previous experience in web development, digital marketing or content management.
- Post-secondary education in design, digital design, business, marketing, or similar fields.
- Experience creating and managing customer facing web experiences.
- Excellent writing and/or design skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience with social media trends and best practices
- Can work effectively with minimal supervision in a fast-changing environment.
- A self-starter with ability to multi-task.
- Able to prioritize workload and communicate/ influence effectively in cross-functional teams across the organization.
- Working knowledge of experience with HTML, HTML5, CSS is an asset.
- Experience working in a CMS, preferably Drupal
As part of the recruitment process for this position, candidates may be required to take pre-employment tests and/or complete work simulation exercise to assess job fit.
As a safety conscious COR™ Certified organization, we have an established and comprehensive safety program. We expect all employees to participate in our organizational health and safety programs, adhering to all safe work procedures focused on continuous improvement.
Northwestel values diversity in the workplace and is committed to the goals of Employment Equity. We strive to achieve a skilled workforce that is representative of the population we serve, and as a Northern company, we are committed to the employment and career development of our Indigenous peoples. Candidates must clearly indicate on their application if they are an Indigenous person, a woman, a person with a disability, or a visible minority if they wish to receive hiring preference.
How to apply:
Please visit Northwestel’s Job board and create a Candidate Profile. https://rt11.ultipro.ca/NOR5000/JobBoard/ListJobs.aspx?__vt=ExtCan