At Shaw, we’re proud to be leaders in a movement that brings Canadians the connectivity they need to fuel their lives. We’re making bold moves to connect Canadians and we’re always on the lookout for go-getters that are committed to disrupting the status quo. Does that sound like you? We’d love to meet you.
The Manager, Digital Experience Design and Content is responsible for the creative output with focus on enabling amazing digital customer experiences, ensuring it is in line with the overall UX and strategic vision. Reporting to the Director, Digital Customer Experience this role will include the management of the design and content teams, idea generation, presentation and execution of design, interpretation and implementation of briefs, project quality control and process management. With a combination of department initiatives and a variety of partner stakeholders the design team needs to excel at operational readiness whilst maintaining the position of guardian of the brand and digital experience.
A typical day
• Partner with experience design teams to deliver strategic recommendations on visual design evolution and deliver on the departments digital vision.
• Build UX strategies, guidelines and core competency for the business focused on consistent experience designs that provide seamless, market leading experiences to our customers.
• Lead and develop teams within the Visual Design, Interactive Design, Content Strategy and Content Development verticals.
• Direct vendor work while building relationships to ensure high quality concept development in alignment to strategic vision, project objectives, brand requirements and digital standards.
• Actively drive vendor discussion both in discovery meetings, as well as the presentation of completed creative strategies and executions.
• Provide a partnership for business teams to ideate and inform opportunities to best leverage the digital channel to meet business needs.
• Work heavily with each line of business to build out respective experience strategies for design, content, development and execution of Shaw’s online user experiences.
• Communicate and create overall operations team design vision by defining the direction and goals for the group and be accountable for the design quality of all digital experience initiatives.
• Be accountable for increasing customer-satisfaction through interaction with Shaw websites and mobile applications.
• Direct, concept and execute creative material in the operational domain.
• Lead projects, critique work and approve final design and content executions.
• Provide escalation & leadership for operational design and content team who will manage day-to-day design requests, interpret briefs and design for delivery.
• Manage and mentor the design and content team. Inspire creative team to constantly strive for excellence in the work they produce.
• 8 years+ experience in User Experience, Visual Design and Interactive Design
• Experience building online services, preferably consumer-facing. You will live and breathe digital. Thinking of the online channels customer-centric before any other.
• Be able to provide hands on design and art directional skills whilst being responsible for creative and production quality control.
• Be an outstanding communicator with an ability to communicate your ideas and creative concepts to a variety of stakeholders, including non-creative people, ensuring message continuity across all groups.
• Be well organized in prioritizing workloads, managing team capacity and driving the team to deliver quality materials to tight timescales.
• Have the vision and speed of thought to deliver innovative design across multiple initiatives – your creative excellence should shine at every stage.
• Have an ability to foster creativity across the organization with a primary focus on digital delivery.
• Willingness to roll up sleeves work with peers and team members to problem solve.
• Have an ability to test and adapt online campaigns, thinking of analytics as your primary insight to decision making.
• This position requires the successful completion of a criminal background check.
• This posting will close March 20, 2020
• This role is located in Calgary, Alberta
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.