WESTMAN COMMUNICATIONS GROUP (Westman) is seeking applications from energetic, highly motivated individuals to become part of our growing team!
Westman is an industry-leading communications provider based in Brandon MB, offering residential and commercial High-Speed Internet, Digital TV, and Phone services in communities across Manitoba. Westman also owns and operates radio stations Q Country 91.5 FM and 94.7 STAR FM, which broadcast throughout southwestern Manitoba. Established in 1977, as a locally owned and operated cooperative, Westman is dedicated to delivering competitive and innovative services, providing an exceptional member experience, and supporting the communities we serve. Westman empowers their employees to be innovative, team-oriented, community-based, and customer-focused, championing a culture centered around strong values.
Based in Brandon and reporting to the Director, Operations, the Manager, Construction & Maintenance is responsible for the day-to-day management of both the construction team and the maintenance team for the organization. Management responsibilities of both teams include all capacity and resource planning, the prioritization of all project workloads, and the delegation & completion of tasks. This role also includes management of contractor proposals (RFP/RFI), quoting, negotiations, and contract management with all external entities including but not limited to consultants, construction companies, and various field vendors. In leading the teams, an emphasis is to be placed on the performance, service delivery, quality assurance of installation practices as well as a strong customer focus of Westman Communications Group services.
Management and Administration
• Manage and coordinate all new broadband construction activity in either green or brownfield environments.
• Conduct on-going planning, scheduling, preventative maintenance, testing, and emergency maintenance of all OSP (Outside Plant) equipment and field sites.
• Manage replacements or upgrades of degraded OSP devices or cable infrastructure that are deemed to be either degraded, outdated, or in need of replacement.
• Ensure all projects are completed on time and within budget.
• Create, negotiate, and maintain relationships with contractors and consultants; responsible for quality control of all contractual obligations.
• Plan and coordinate all changes to systems and services according to established change management procedures.
• Maintain employee schedules and generate reports to demonstrate compliance with company policy and department objectives.
• Analyze departmental facilities and initiatives and modify the resource plan as required.
Leadership and Employee Development
• Organize departmental meetings to review ongoing activity and ensure that we are making progress towards completion; provide daily coordination of team members, contractors, and consultants.
• Verify the resource requirements necessary for completion timelines for all projects and maintenance activities; responsible for ensuring all Bill of Materials have been requested and will be available for the implementation phase.
• Ensure there is an alignment of labour (including departmental, intra departmental, sub-contractors, or third-party contractors) to complete all tasks within the deadlines.
• Provide continual process improvement both internally and with cross-functional teams.
• Provide leadership, guidance, and vision for the team; influence and motivate for change and maintain effective working relationships at all levels.
• Develop training plans and facilitate any required training for construction and maintenance team members as required.
• Promote positive change within the department and organization; mentor, coach, and develop employees in both short and long-term capacity.
What you’ll bring to the team:
• Minimum 2-5 years of related experience within the cable or telecommunications industry (including in-side wiring and electronics/OSP installation and repair) with a strong focus on outside plant construction and maintenance.
• Minimum of 4 years of leadership experience is required, within a telecommunications construction/maintenance role is considered an asset.
• Strong technical hardware and software skills with a thorough understanding of cable plant, network, and headend topologies.
• Minimum 2-year diploma in Telecommunications Technologist/ Communications Engineering Technology or a related field.
• Minimum of one of the following professional certifications: NCTI, SCTE System and Service Technician courses or SCTE Broadband Distribution Specialist Certification, with a minimum mark of 80% in each course.
• Valid certification in basic rescuer CPR and emergency first aid.
• Thorough comprehension of fibre optic and broadband maps.
• Proven leadership and decision-making skills with a customer service focus.
• Proven professionalism that strives under pressure and remains calm in stressful situations.
• Strong motivation and work ethic with a demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and proprietary information with complete confidentiality.
• Must be available for emergency services and problem escalation as required.
• Must hold and maintain a valid driver’s license.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: This position is open until filled.
Westman is a successful, fast-paced and dynamic organization, with a positive, team-oriented work environment. We offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive and unique benefits package. Leverage your knowledge with a local technology leader.
Apply today to join our team and begin your exciting career journey with us!
As an equal-opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. While we thank each applicant for their interest, only selected candidates will be contacted.