Applications are now being accepted for a permanent, full-time position of Manager, Community Television located in Whitehorse, YT.
The Manager, Community Television, reporting to the Director, Communications, is responsible for the development and tactical execution of a community media plan, which includes community television and the ongoing implementation of video content initiatives at Northwestel in alignment with company-wide goals and branding. The position is also responsible for ensuring that the community media plan contributes toward enabling opportunities for content delivery by Northern filmmakers, artists and community groups.
This position is responsible for managing a budget of approximately $300,000 and has the following direct reports:
- Community TV Coordinator
- Community Media Production Technician
- Delivers ongoing, diverse, northern community television programming on the non-commercial Community TV channels in Whitehorse, YT and Yellowknife, NT. Coordinates internal production, commissioning new work with external producers, and licensing existing content. Identifies technical requirements, regulatory implications, training plans, etc. Manage contacts and relationships with external and internal stakeholders, develop agreements and manage all correspondence and documentation.
- Working with Communications team members, develop comprehensive and innovative promotion programs for Community TV. Leverage corporate website, and advertising and news media as tools for community TV promotion.
- Selection, coaching, development and performance management (including conducting performance evaluations, discipline where required, implementation of Attendance Management Program if required) for the Community TV staff.
- Develop, for review/approval by the Director Communications and Vice-President Consumer Markets, a Community TV business plan that identifies objectives and goals that are consistent with organizational strategic direction, marketing strategies and tactical plans for each year.
- Successfully implement the Community TV plan and community television initiatives. This includes program execution and managing relationships with external and internal stakeholders. Monitor results relative to the plan and make adjustments or recommendations as required. Ensure compliance with all regulatory and broadcast licensing regulations and requirements. Research and identify funding opportunities either for application by Northwestel or by potential community television content providers.
- Prepare community media advertising sales plans and targets for execution by the Community TV Assistants, and guide and direct all aspects of community television and other advertising media sales.
- Prepare and work within an approved budget, including effectively tracking expenditures, approving invoices and preparing reports and updates.
- Degree in a related field i.e. Film, Broadcasting, Communications, Marketing.
- Minimum three years’ experience in video or broadcasting field, preferably in the television or telecommunications industry.
- Strong business planning and modelling, broadcasting or content production, communications (oral and written), interpersonal and staff management/leadership skills.
- Understanding of the Northern arts and culture industry and of local community values is an asset.
As part of the recruitment process for this position, candidates may be required to take pre-employment tests and/or complete work simulation exercise to assess job fit.
As a safety conscious COR™ Certified organization, we have an established and comprehensive safety program. We expect all employees to participate in our organizational health and safety programs, adhering to all safe work procedures focused on continuous improvement.
Northwestel values diversity in the workplace and is committed to the goals of Employment Equity. We strive to achieve a skilled workforce that is representative of the population we serve, and as a Northern company, we are committed to the employment and career development of our Indigenous peoples. Candidates must clearly indicate on their application if they are an Indigenous person, a woman, a person with a disability, or a visible minority if they wish to receive hiring preference.
This competetion is open until filled, however, the first review date will be Janurary 25 , 2019
How to Apply;
Please visit Northwestel’s Job board and create a Candidate Profile. https://rt11.ultipro.ca/NOR5000/JobBoard/ListJobs.aspx?__vt=ExtCan
Select the position you would like to apply on and then choose “apply on line”. Or fax your cover letter and resume to 867-668-3236, before the closing date.