Date: Oct 19, 2018
Location: Toronto, ON, CA, M4Y 2Y5
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
Reporting into the Senior Manager of Planning, Manager, Capital Planning will be a key contributor to the efforts made to provide timely and accurate reporting and analysis for the Digital Planning team.
This individual will be responsible for the Capital Financial Planning and Analytics supporting Digital Team.
• Lead monthly, quarterly and annual capital budget planning including forecasting, analytics & reporting.
• Draft commentary and conduct analysis for exec-level capital forecast & financials review presentations
• Present monthly capital financial report to CDO, Senior VPs and Director if required
• Chair monthly capital financial reviews with Senior VP, Directors and Project Managers
• Conduct financial modelling to evaluate issues, risks, opportunities for cost efficiencies w.r.t financial targets
• Collaborate with Business, IT and Network planning, Finance and PMO governance teams
• Establish and maintain close working relationships with Senior VPs, Directors and Project managers in the supported Digital towers
• Support the Operation VP and Director of Digital Planning on adhoc CDO and CFO level presentations, planning sessions and/or budget reviews and company wide reporting and data analysis
• Work closely with other planning primes, in identifying budgeting and forecasting challenge and contribute to improvements pertaining to financial processes, templates, performance measurements
• Provide recommendations to the Digital Planning Director as it pertains to Digital governance and processes
Skills and Qualifications
• Undergraduate degree with financial accreditation preferred
• Minimum 7 years of relevant, progressive experience in a financial planning and analytics role in an IT or Digital industry
• Very high proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint and other MS Office tools. Experience in Oracle Enterprise Business and Oracle Discoverer is preferred.
• High degree of proven analytical and data analysis capabilities.
• Showcases strong business and financial acumen, research/analysis and problem solving skills, ability to absorb a large amount of information (financial and non-financial) and summarize key issues.
• Attention to detail and high quality of standards are expected. Should be able to work both strategically and tactically.
• He/she will bring excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with proven experience to build and maintain strong working relationships across the organization and with all levels of management in a matrix organization
• Results oriented, has proven ability to multi task, flexible and comfortable working long hours when required in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to understand complex dynamics of working with multiple stakeholders with divergent interests
• Relentlessly challenges the status quo to ensure new ideas are explored.
• Understanding of Rogers internal Financial, SDLC, Procurement processes is an asset
• Understanding Project Management principles and Project Software Development life cycle is an asset
• For each supporting portfolio, accountable to deliver monthly CAPEX forecast financial report, quarterly and annual budget planning and reporting.
• Stay on top of portfolio finances and follow up/provide support to Project managers, communicate with Directors and VP as required to help the team ensure forecasted dollars are met during month end.
• Be a representative for Digital Capital forecasts/budgets for the supported portfolios and chair/present/participate in various CAPEX financial meetings with Executives, planning, Finance, CAPEX Governance, and Business planning teams, and be prepared to defend the forecast (explain why it is considered achievable or not).
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Reporting and Analytics & Analyst
Requisition ID: 125976
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.