The Canadian Communication Systems Alliance (CCSA) is a small, collegial organization that acts as a buying group and advocacy voice for more than 100 independent providers of bundled cable TV/IPTV, Internet, and telephone services to Canadians in smaller to mid-sized communities across the country.
As one of our pillars of service, CCSA supports our members’ cable TV/IPTV businesses by negotiating contracts to access the signals of over 400 Canadian and foreign TV services like TSN, YTV and A&E and then administering our members’ monthly payments to those services. We make those payments via an internal database known as Single Point Billing (SPB). CCSA collects and inputs monthly cable/IPTV subscriber data into SPB, calculates the associated amounts owing to each applicable TV service pursuant to the terms of their contract, then remits those payments on behalf of our members.
We are currently seeking a Manager, Billing to oversee this SPB function.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Reporting directly to the COO, the Manager, Billing position will support CCSA’s SPB (Single Point Billing) functions via the following key areas of responsibility:
● Coordinating and overseeing the monthly member reporting and billing cycle
● Ensuring the timely and accurate flow of billing related information
● Liaising with both member companies and television services to collect and ensure the accuracy of their monthly reporting details
● Familiarity with all aspects of CCSA’s television services contracts, as they relate to billing and member payments
● Supervising and training (as required) of one direct report
● Maintaining and administering monthly banking deposits/withdrawals related to billing payments
● Preparing ad hoc reports and/or data files, as required by both internal and external parties
● Post secondary education in Business, Finance, or a related field
● Exceptional organization and attention to detail
● High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
● High level of problem-solving ability
● Strong technical skills in Microsoft Office
● 3+ years of database experience – the ability to create and run queries
● Supervisory experience
● Team player who demonstrates self-initiative and a positive and energetic attitude
● Strong oral and written communication skills
● Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
● Experience reading and interpreting contracts
● Familiarity with television services available to Canadians via cable/IPTV
● Bilingualism – English & French
Flexible – In office and/or remote
Interested candidates are asked to submit their CV with an accompanying cover letter and statement of salary expectation, to Jillian English, COO, CCSA (firstname.lastname@example.org) by end of business Friday, April 8th, 2021.