Company: Shaw Cablesystems
Category: Information Technology
Work Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Employment Type: Full-time
Every day, our passionate employees connect our customers to the world and everything in it – it’s why we exist at Shaw, and it’s why we strive to be the place where the best people choose to work. Our people reflect the richness of our communities, and our culture is inclusive of each individual’s diverse background and perspective, which makes us a stronger team.
At Shaw we believe an inclusive workforce fosters diversity of thought and perspective, and our different perspectives create better solutions We invite all qualified individuals to apply.
Career Opportunity: Manager, Architecture & Governance
Shaw Communications is currently seeking a Manager, Architecture & Governance to join their team. Reporting to the Director, Software Delivery & Support this position is based in Calgary, AB and is responsible for Shaw BMA’s Architecture strategy and technical governance, team leadership and transformation.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
• Manage, support and mentor BMA’s Architecture and Application Assurance teams
• Develop 2-3 year BMA departmental technology roadmaps to match business drivers
• Monitor industry trends, development meaningful industry partnerships to help further Shaw’s stance in technology advancements
• Ensure all aspects of architecture processes are adhered to, governed and alignment gained
• Drive the strategy for application assurance and technical governance.
• Help drive the BMA department in the adoption of DevOps.
• Resource capacity management across all facets of the departmental mandate
• Adoption and practical use/implementation of industry frameworks/best practices for TOGAF, ITIL, and Site Reliability Engineering (SRE).
• Accountable for all technical design reviews, both high and low level designs.
• Participate as a member of the BMA leadership team in governance and decision making processes
• Development, collaboration and communication of BMA’s technology strategy plans with corresponding technical departments in Shaw’s TOPs department.
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
• Minimum of 10 years of IT experience, including Development, Enterprise ,Solution Architecture and Software Architecture.
• Minimum of 5 years of technology leadership experience of teams greater than 10.
• 3+ years experience working in a DevOps environment
• Experience participating and presenting to executives, C-level and committees.
• Certifications in one or more of the following: TOGAF, Zachman, ITIL,
• Proven experience with Architecture Governance process development and ownership
•Experience in process engineering and roll out, Lean/Agile etc. .
• Experience in adapting a large organization from predominantly internal technology solutions to more partner-lead and cloud-based solutions.
• Experience and exposure with modern Security concepts or certifications (CISSP, CISM etc) as a nice to have.
• Ability to be successful in a dynamic, disruptive and transformational organization.
• Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
If you want to be part of something bigger—part of a dynamic team of people who are aligned, focused, and passionate about working together to care for our customers, then we look forward to meeting you! Join us.
This position requires the successful completion of a criminal and credit background check.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Business Unit: TOPS
Shaw Communications, through its third party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.