Our mission at Northwestel is to be the preferred supplier of high-value communication and entertainment solutions to Northern Customers. As the first and only northern-based company to provide telecommunications across the North, we see a future where we will progressively build upon a legacy of achievement. Northwestel recognizes that our best asset is our employees and we recognize that work-life balance is important. We also encourage community involvement through such efforts as our Community Investment Program, Volunteer Involvement Fund and Arctic/Canada Winter Games.
The Manager, Accounting is responsible for the preparation and distribution of financial information to facilitate executive decision making and to fulfill statutory requirements. The Manager, Accounting has strong interpersonal skills to effectively lead two Financial Analysts and three General Accounting Clerks as well as providing support and advice to other managers throughout the company as it relates to Accounting.
As our Manager, Accounting you will:
- Lead, coach, and develop employees through active performance management.
- Provide regular financial information and reports to various stakeholders to support the decision making processes of the Company.
- Manage and optimize the use of working capital, including the identification of key performance indicators, through the development of policies in collaboration with other departments.
- Investigate methods to safeguard Company assets by monitoring and improving accounting controls consistent with regulatory requirements..
- Continually improve work processes involved in reporting financial information.
- Ensure accurate and timely preparation of year-end audit, tax remittances, and reconciliation reports.
- Provide guidance to management through analyzing business segments to determine margins and facilitate accurate understanding of the finances in order to anticipate competitive pressures.
- Interface with Bell Canada as required.
What you need to ensure you are successful in this role:
- Strong people leadership skills including coaching and performance management.
- Bachelor's Degree complemented by a C.A., C.G.A or C.M.A. designation from Canada (or enrolled in a designation program) with a combination of applicable work experience.
- Knowledge in Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), and other technical aspects of accounting.
- Excellent skills in analysis, research, financial modeling, communication, and organizational/planning.
- Proficient with an integrated accounting system such as JDEdwards.
- Knowledge of the telecommunications industry would be an asset.
What we offer you:
- Health Benefits
- Team incentive bonus
- Paid vacation with a vacation travel allowance
- Work-life balance
- Community involvement
How should you apply?
Log onto our website to create a candidate profile and apply before the closing date:
Bulletin # 15-0201