WESTMAN COMMUNICATIONS GROUP (Westman) is seeking applications from energetic, highly motivated individuals to become part of our growing team!
Westman is an industry-leading communications provider based in Brandon MB, offering residential and commercial High-Speed Internet, Digital TV, and Phone services in communities across southwestern and central Manitoba. Westman also owns and operates radio stations Q Country 91.5 FM and 94.7 STAR FM, which broadcast throughout southwestern Manitoba. Established in 1977, as a locally owned and operated cooperative, Westman is dedicated to delivering competitive and innovative services, providing an exceptional member experience, and supporting the communities they serve. Westman empowers their employees to be innovative, team-oriented, community-based, and customer-focused, championing a culture centered around strong values.
What you’ll do:
• Assist in the monitoring and managing of customer and operational data, taking action/ownership to ensure the accuracy, consistency, relevance and timeliness of information
• Participate in proactive MIS collaboration with key stakeholders and subject matter experts to identify, analyze and understand business challenges and opportunities
• Generate and distribute management reports in an accurate and timely manner
• Coordinate with Billing System Administrator to provide ad hoc reports as needed
• Perform data analysis for generating reports on a periodic basis
• Learn and maintain knowledge of internal business processes
• Assist with designing, monitoring, and supporting internally developed systems and solution integrations
• Assist in maintaining coding standards and documenting internally developed solutions
What you’ll bring to the team:
• Certificate or diploma in a related field and/or 2 to 3 years of equivalent experience
• Accredited course in database management or equivalent experience
• 1+ years of experience with large SQL databases
• 1+ years of experience with software and web application development
• Solid understanding of SQL, database structures and routines
• Knowledge of report creation software
• Knowledge of various software development languages (PHP, HTML, Java, .Net)
• Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications
• Strong strategic and critical thinking along with proven analytical and problem-solving skills
• Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations for self and team
• Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others, accompanied by well-developed presentation and facilitation skills
• An equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: This position is open until filled.
Westman is a successful, fast-paced and dynamic organization, with a positive, team-oriented work environment. We offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive and unique benefits package. Leverage your knowledge with a local technology leader.
Apply today to join our team and start your exciting career journey with us!
As an equal-opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. While we thank each applicant for their interest, only selected candidates will be contacted.