Technical and Production
Position Language Requirement French Only
Language Skill Levels (Reading / Writing / Speaking) – – –
Status of Employment Temporary
Work schedule(s) Full-time
What it’s like working at CBC/Radio-Canada
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Our successes and accomplishments are driven by embodying and upholding values, which include creativity, integrity, inclusiveness and relevance.
Do you think you have the ability and drive to keep up with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be in front of the camera, on air, online or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making connections and telling stories that are important to Canadians.
As Maintenance Technician, you will perform duties associated with maintaining production and broadcasting systems/equipment, such as configuring, installing, inspecting, troubleshooting, repairing and refurbishing, according to established standards, in a multidisciplinary environment that includes networking, optics, electronics, computer systems, mechanics, machining, welding, hydraulics, and pneumatics.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- Attestation of College Studies (ACS) or College diploma (DCS) in electronics technology (audiovisual, telecommunications or computing systems option) or a relevant field or any other formation relevant to the position.
- Minimum three (3) years' experience performing duties associated with maintaining production and broadcasting systems/equipment.
- Knowledge of audio, video and/or VTR systems (analog and digital).
- Able to write quality control and equipment maintenance reports.
- Able to design plans, sketches, diagrams, and procedures.
- Knowledge of computing and networking.
- Good knowledge of French (both spoken and written), English an asset.
- Candidates shall supply a copy of their diploma and transcript(s) or an 'Évaluation comparative des études effectuées hors Québec'.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
If this sounds interesting, please click on ''Apply online''. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Diversity and Inclusion
section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.
Wherever in the wording of the job description either gender is used, it shall be understood to include all genders.