WESTMAN COMMUNICATIONS GROUP (Westman) is seeking applications from energetic, highly motivated individuals to become part of our growing team!
Westman is an industry-leading communications provider based in Brandon MB, offering residential and commercial High-Speed Internet, Digital TV, and Phone services in communities across Manitoba. Westman also owns and operates radio stations Q Country 91.5 FM and 94.7 STAR FM, which broadcast throughout southwestern Manitoba. Established in 1977, as a locally owned and operated cooperative, Westman is dedicated to delivering competitive and innovative services, providing an exceptional member experience, and supporting the communities they serve. Westman empowers their employees to be innovative, team-oriented, community-based, and customer-focused, championing a culture centered around strong values.
What you’ll do:
• Accurately locate and prevent damage to Westman’s underground facilities using utility mapping systems and electronic locating equipment; provide marking on residential and/or commercial premises, create drawings, and ensure all locate responses are tracked
• Complete administration on behalf of Click Before You Dig (CBYD/One Call) for all associated customer requests
• Plan travel routes between urban and rural areas of Manitoba
• Ensure all work is being completed in accordance with the Canadian Common Ground Alliance (CCGA) Underground Infrastructure Damage Prevention Best Practices
What you’ll bring to the team:
• Analytical ability and technical aptitude; thorough understanding of construction and plant maps
• Exceptional customer service and computer skills; self-motivated with proven ability to problem solve and exercise sound judgement
• 1 year of experience in locating underground facilities in either telecommunications or construction is considered an asset
• Utility Advanced Line Locating (UALL) or other recognized Line Locating Training or equivalent is considered an asset
• Must be able work within a variety of weather conditions
• Must hold and maintain a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: This position is open until filled.
Westman is a successful, fast-paced and dynamic organization, with a positive, team-oriented work environment. We offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive and unique benefits package. Leverage your knowledge with a local technology leader.
Apply today to join our team at and begin your exciting career journey with us!
As an equal-opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. While we thank each applicant for their interest, only selected candidates will be contacted.