Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day. We have an exciting opportunity on our Digital Lifestyle Team for a Slice.ca Editor.
Work Status: Full Time
About the Role
Reporting to the Manager, Digital Lifestyle, you will be responsible for executing against an original content strategy for the brand. Our ideal candidate has a passion for digital content that spans fashion, beauty, travel, relationships, work and money, and a love for pop culture and grammar.
The successful candidate will:
- Ensure delivery of engaging, original editorial features and packages best suited for the brand image and target audience
- Contribute to content and audience growth strategies
- Produce and publish editorial pieces using content management systems
- Meet targets set by departments, sales and marketing campaigns, and related business goals by managing execution of sponsored original content
- Brainstorm, create, edit and upload original, compelling web and cross-media content including articles, galleries and interactive online features
- Work with a roster of content contributors; sourcing, fielding pitches, editing content and managing invoice intake and budget tracking
- Ensure timely and comprehensive coverage of major events — calendar, seasonal, trending
- Maintain updates to content assignments within editorial calendar
- Ensure all content adheres to SEO best practices and recommendations from the Digital Strategists, as well as Tech and Research teams
- Coordinate with other Lifestyle Editors to align content and editorial features for cross-promotion and audience sharing
- Work with site Producers to ensure alignment of show content with the content strategy
- Regular monitoring and analysis of metrics in traffic, engagement and user behavioural patterns to ensure optimal content performance
- Perform site updates and maintenance via content management systems
- Source and edit images using Photoshop
What We Need From You:
- Experience working in a digital media, publishing and production environment
- A portfolio that demonstrates strong writing, copy editing and content packaging within the lifestyle verticals
- Experience developing content strategies and driving audience engagement in digital
- Strong understanding of SEO and of content management systems such as Ektron and WordPress
- Understanding of QA processes, UX and Design
- Experience working with a digital sales team for successful content monetization
- Experience sourcing and managing freelancers
- Ability to cleanly publish multiple pieces of content daily in content management systems
- Understanding of analytics, including experience working with Google Analytics and Omniture
- Experience working in an Agile team environment would be considered an asset
- College or University degree (or equivalent experience), preferable in Media, Journalism, or Communications
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate across the organization and build alignment with peers
- The ability to meet deadlines and the capability to multitask in a fast paced, active environment
How To Apply
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please email your resume and cover letter to WLTVCareers@corusent.com by December 15, 2018.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.