We are Canada’s largest independent telecom service company with over 300,000 customers from coast to coast. TekSavvy has been proudly serving Canadians reliable telecom services for over 20 years and has won numerous awards for the quality of its experience and for its commitment to fighting for and upholding consumers’ rights online. Our collegial, experienced lawyers have previously worked at large national and international firms and in key federal government departments. TekSavvy offers competitive salaries and benefit packages.
We are growing again and looking for a lawyer to join our busy team. Acting under the direction and supervision of the Chief Legal Officer and other senior members of the Legal, Regulatory & Public Policy team, you will as needed:
• Provide practical legal advice to internal teams (e.g., operations, business-services teams, and marketing) regarding commercial, consumer, privacy, and compliance matters.
• Review, draft, and negotiate a wide variety of commercial agreements.
• Draft and review customer agreements, customer-facing communications, and policies.
• Assist on other legal, regulatory, and administrative matters.
• An LL.B. or J.D. and membership in the Law Society of Ontario in good standing.
• At least 2-3+ years of relevant legal experience.
• Excellent written and spoken English.
• Excellent organization and attention to detail.
• An interest in telecommunications and technology.
• A willingness to work in a fast-paced environment.
Provide your resume and address your cover letter to Natasha Ell Saunders, Chief Legal Officer, and include “Legal Counsel” in the RE: line. Your cover letter will be viewed as a writing sample and must include why you’re interested in working at TekSavvy and in telecom in general.