LEGAL COUNSEL (2 positions)
We are Canada’s largest independent telecom service company with over 300,000 customers from coast to coast. TekSavvy has been proudly serving Canadians reliable telecom services for over 20 years and has won numerous awards for the quality of its experience and for its commitment to fighting for and upholding consumers’ rights online. Our collegial, experienced lawyers have previously worked at large national and international firms, in key federal government departments, and in civil society advocacy groups. Our legal team primarily works out of our Gatineau office, which is a short 5-7 min drive from downtown Ottawa. TekSavvy offers competitive salaries and benefit packages.
We are growing again and looking for two lawyers to join our busy team. Acting under the direction and supervision of the Chief Legal Officer and other senior members of the Legal, Regulatory & Public Policy team, you will as needed:
- Provide practical legal advice to internal teams (e.g., marketing, operations, and our business-services teams).
- Draft and review customer agreements, customer-facing communications, and policies.
- Review, draft, and negotiate a wide variety of commercial agreements.
- Contribute to other legal and regulatory projects, including supporting our senior regulatory lawyers on CRTC and other proceedings, like the MVNO proceeding.
- An LL.B. or J.D. and membership in the Law Society of Ontario in good standing
- 1+ years of relevant legal experience in a law firm or in house legal department
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Excellent attention to detail
- Willingness and ability to travel on occasion
- An interest in telecommunications
- 1+ years’ experience reviewing commercial contracts
Please apply on TekSavvy's website https://teksavvy.com/company/careers/ and include your resume and address your cover letter to Natasha Ell Saunders, Chief Legal Officer, and include “Legal Counsel” in the RE: line. Your cover letter will be viewed as a writing sample and must include why you’re interested in working at TekSavvy specifically as well as an outline of the steps you would take to make a difference in this role.