Shaw is a family-oriented, Canadian owned business with over 14,000 employees across the country, providing services to more than 3 million customers with top quality cable TV, Internet, digital phone, direct-to-home satellite services, and programming including Global Television and 19 of the country's most popular specialty channels.
At Shaw we believe a diverse workforce fosters diversity of thought and perspective, and more diversity means more solutions. We invite all qualified individuals to apply.
Career Opportunity: Legal Assistant
The successful candidate will have a strong grounding in legal secretarial practice, and be passionate about developing their career in a fast-paced in-house legal department. In particular, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing administrative assistance and support to lawyers and the program acquisitions group within the Shaw Media Legal Team.
– word-processing of legal contracts, and other documents and letters;
– basic drafting from existing acquisitions licensing templates;
– maintaining records database of contract information, and coordinating the flow of appropriate documentation amongst different departments, and external parties;
– maintenance of threatened claims list, and department vacation tracking;
– customary administrative duties and responsibilities;
– assist in implementing and/or improving processes/systems for more efficient department workflow
– At least two (2) years of relevant experience in a law firm, an inhouse legal department or other comparable legal-related professional office environment.
– Microsoft Office, including strong proficiency in Word;
– legal and business document correspondence standards and conventions, as well as strong grammar, punctuation and spelling skills;
– keyboarding skills to a minimum of 60 words per minute with accuracy in a setting with many interruptions and the ability to transcribe from handwritten drafts, mark-ups or verbal dictation;
– office administration and record-keeping skills;
Desirable but not essential (to the extent that a candidate does not possess the following knowledge, enthusiasm and willingness to learn is a must):
– familiarity with Excel and Powerpoint; and
– familiarity with television or content acquisition agreements and practice, or with the television or digital media industries generally.
– excellent drafting and negotiation skills;
– strong analytical and problem solving skills;
– strong sense of accountability;
– attention to detail and high level of accuracy;
– ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment;
– team player with excellent communication skills both written and verbal; and
– a positive, can-do attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity.
If you value a workplace that promotes accountability, exemplifies loyalty, never compromises integrity and has a strong social conscience then start your career with us by applying now.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Shaw Media, through its third party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Media. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.
All interested applicants are invited to apply at online at www.shaw.ca/careers JOB#:J0915-0312
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted