At Freedom, we’re proud to be leaders in a movement that brings affordable wireless services to Canadians. We provide not only the wireless freedom Canadians want, but the wireless freedom Canadians deserve and we’re always on the lookout for go-getters that are committed to disrupting the status quo. Does that sound like you? We’d love to meet you.
The Lease Accountant will be responsible for providing support in the full cycle of accounting and reporting of all contractual arrangements which are either leases or contain a lease. This role reports directly to the Supervisor, Fixed Assets & Lease Accounting.
A typical day
• Collaborate with operating departments to determine whether contractual arrangements are leases or contain leases
• For contracts which are or which contain leases ensure that appropriate details are updated in the Company’s Lease Administration and Accounting System (CoStar Real Estate Management (CoStar)) to facilitate appropriate accounting
• Set up and maintain amortization schedules and journal entry profiles in CoStar and run month-end processes to ensure accurate month end accounting
• Review lease amortization schedules against contracts to ensure amounts are being recorded accurately and take corrective action as required
• Perform monthly reconciliation on lease accounts and action all unreconciled items
• Review all amendments/modifications on current leases and take appropriate action to ensure that CoStar is appropriately updated
• Assist in preparation of all month-end reporting schedules
• Perform any other related duties that may be assigned from time to time
• Post-secondary education in Accounting as evidenced by active enrollment in the CPA PREP program
• 1-2 years’ experience in an Accounting role
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent comprehension and communication skills
• Ability to interpret Legal contracts is a key asset
• Above average computer skills, especially Microsoft Excel
• Ability to develop and sustain cooperative working relationships
• Prior experience in use of main-frame computerized accounting systems is considered an asset but is not required
• Knowledge of CoStar Real Estate Management system is considered an asset but is not required
• Knowledge of IFRS 16 – Leases would be an asset but is not required
• This position requires the successful completion of a criminal and credit background check.
• This role is location-specific to the Freedom Mobile Toronto office.
• We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Posting closing date:June 30, 2020
Freedom Mobile is a subsidiary of Shaw Communications Inc.
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Broadcast Services. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.