Are you interested in enabling experiences that help shape our amazing culture?
Join our team
At TELUS, we’re looking for bright people who like solving big problems and easily welcome new opportunities to enable great experiences for the TELUS team.
The Development & Learning (D&L) - Operations team in People & Culture (P&C) is excited about making an impact that matters; identifying and implementing solutions to big and small operational challenges to ensure team members continue to experience high quality and meaningful learning opportunities.
Here’s What WE Believe:
- We are ONE team: There’s no room for egos or blame
- Everything we do is tied to the business: Not dictated by rules or policies
- We challenge the status quo: And when others think we’re done, we make it better
- We live up to our commitments: To ourselves, our friends, family, peers, leaders and our customers
- Our success is all about how we do things: How we think, solve problems, deliver, communicate, and more
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
You have a strong aptitude for understanding systems from an administrator perspective and are passionate about implementing continuous improvements to benefit team members for now and the future.
You enjoy being viewed as an expert and can easily toggle between longer term strategic projects and day to day execution - having the ability to think big while not being afraid to “roll up your sleeves” and dig in deeper when you encounter an unfamiliar situation that requires expert level trouble shooting in the moment.
All of this combined with your ability to communicate and collaborate well with others, effectively prioritize, and create and implement thoughtful plans to achieve a shared goal make you an excellent candidate for this role.
Also, as the Learning Technology Analyst, you will apply your consultative and technical skills to:
- Ensure the effective day-to-day operation of learning at TELUS by providing support for the TeamHub Learning Management System (LMS) and related learning technologies
- Help shape and implement the P&C technology roadmap to support the evolving needs of learners
Expert in Learning Management Systems (LMS):
- Provide day to day and longer term support for learning stakeholders that work within the Success Factors - LMS
- Support on-boarding of LMS content administrators and facilitate ongoing discussion to enable consistent, aligned and accurate administration of learning content within the LMS
- Develop, implement and maintain standards and documentation for LMS content management including naming conventions, content management, reporting, user administration, event administration, workflow and related processes
- Act as a gateway and provide governance and support for content administration and e-Learning development tools
- Liaise with the P&C - Systems team, subject matter experts and other internal clients to ensure effective support of learning technology
- Execute on the learning roadmap for enhancements/integration projects, working closely aligned with the P&C - Systems support team in order to meet business needs
- Consult and liaise with Business Unit stakeholders to ensure upgrades and enhancements align with their priorities and needs
- Maintain a strong understanding of TELUS learning applications, product and services, organizational delivery capabilities, and TELUS end-to-end processes
- Keep up to date with industry trends and technology available that could result in operational or efficiency improvements to current processes
- Assist with the redesign of internal team sites and support content updates and maintenance: SharePoint, Jam, and Confluence
- Ability to think through ideas from concept to deployment and beyond
- Understand business requirements and trouble shoot to find creative ways to overcome learning system and technical issues or limitations, not always with the use of technology
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle
- Advanced knowledge and experience organizing and administering content within LMS
- Fully proficient using Microsoft Office (MS): Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint
- Working knowledge of project management tools & techniques
- Knowledge of industry training standards and e-Learning software: Articulate, Captivate, Success Factors are a benefit
- Driven achiever who has a passion for excellence, self-discipline to set and achieve milestones, strong work ethic with solutions-oriented mindset
- Proactive problem-solver with strong customer service, conflict resolution, and analytical skills
- Flexible planner who is able to identify critical tasks required to achieve a goal and prioritize multiple deliverables in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Engaging communicator who’s able to forge strong, positive relationships with internal stakeholders by demonstrating excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Able to translate technical jargon and impacts into terms easily understood by non-technical team members with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- University/college graduate in a related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with LMS, including software technical support and training content management
- Knowledge and experience working in the Success Factors - LMS
- Knowledge of WordPress & Wiki Confluence
- Bilingualism in English & French
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.