Every day, our passionate employees connect our customers to the world and everything in it – it’s why we exist at Shaw, and it’s why we strive to be the place where the best people choose to work. Our people reflect the richness of our communities, and our culture is inclusive of each individual’s diverse background and perspective, which makes us a stronger team.
At Shaw we believe a diverse workforce fosters diversity of thought and perspective, and more diversity means more solutions. We invite all qualified individuals to apply.
This role is open to eligible candidates that are currently employed by Shaw, or one of its affiliates, and are not participating in the Voluntary Departure Program.
Career Opportunity: Learning Advisor – Sales
We have an exciting opportunity for a Learning Advisor. This position is accountable for stakeholder management, Instructional Design, vendor management and project management within a defined business portfolio. This individual contributor role defines training strategy, designs training programs and partners with our HR peers to create training programs that empowers and engages employees to grow in their position and in their careers at Shaw. We welcome applicants from Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Montreal, Vancouver, Victoria or Nanaimo.
• Work with multiple groups within our organization to assess and prioritize training and development needs linked to business objectives
• Build and maintain strong working relationships across all levels of the organization including senior leaders, key stakeholders and subject matter experts (SME’s)
• Ensure training projects are delivered on-time, on budget, and within scope
• Manage changes to schedule and scope changes effectively to ensure success of the project
• Conduct and/or analyze training needs and skill assessments to develop new training or improve existing program(s).
• Determine appropriate learning objectives and evaluation metrics upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion
• Examine the most effective learning methodologies and design training solutions including: instructor-led, virtual instructor-led, self-paced, eLearning, video tutorials, informal and social learning methods
• Establish a training strategy and approach that will deliver the best return on investment for the business unit and/or group
• Assess and select external vendors or consultants for training program creation
• Project Manage external vendors, consultants and/or internal resources as required
• Instructional Design and maintenance for eLearning storyboards, training manuals, Facilitator Guides, training support material, and other educational materials within portfolio
• Develop testing and evaluation strategies to evaluate learning, program curriculum, content, and facilitation
• Maintain feedback mechanism(s) to solicit continuous facilitator and stakeholder feedback
• Conduct Train-the-Trainer (TTT) sessions for facilitated and virtual facilitated training programs
• Evaluate the effectiveness of training program delivery and providing recommendations for improvement
• Develop and implement best practice evaluation methodologies and leverage evaluation summary reports to demonstrate return on investment (ROI) for training programs to business leaders
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
• 3-5 years’ experience in Learning and Development field (preferably corporate training, technology, HR and/or organizational development)
• 3-5 years’ experience in Adult Curriculum/Training Instructional Design
• Proven track record of Instructional Design, Project Management, Vendor Management, and Stakeholder Management
• Strong understanding of current adult learning principles and emerging trends
• Adult Learning Certificate, B.A. in Behavioral Sciences, Organizational Development or equivalent experience is an asset
• Strong understanding of sales tools is an asset
• Working knowledge of applications/tools used in development and tracking of training (such as MS Excel, PowerPoint, Project Management software and Learning Management Systems)
• Experience creating -eLearning and work in eLearning software such as Articulate Storyline or Rise is an asset
• Strategic thinker who can conceptualize Training and Development strategy, then create practical approach to accomplish it based on stakeholder timelines and objectives
• Collaborative relationship builder who can negotiate with internal clients and external vendors to achieve excellent results under tight restrictions.
• Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to work independently under minimal supervision
• Flexible, detail-driven, proactive self-starter and able to learn and modify approaches
• A team player with the ability to adapt in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• A positive can-do attitude and customer focused approach
If you want to be part of something bigger—part of a dynamic team of people who are aligned, focused, and passionate about working together to care for our customers, then we look forward to meeting you! Join us.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. This position requires the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Business Unit: Corporate
Shaw Communications, through its third party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.